What to wear? Tubing/Zip Combo

PaddleAddict

I'm doing the cave tubing/zip-lining combo in Belize next week and I was wondering what we should wear? I have water shoes, but as far as clothes? Is the water very cold? Should I just wear a bathing suit and tank top with some shorts? I'm not sure if we are tubing first or zip-lining first.

Any help would be great!

I just did this last week. We went zip lining first, and I suspect you will as well, since it's easier to do the dry thing and then the wet thing.

I wore swim trunks and a quick dry shirt for the zip lining, as well as my water shoes. You'll want some shoes that you feel comfortable walking up trails and somewhat slick rock surfaces in, so I wouldn't wear flip flops. You don't need to worry much about what clothing you wear, since zip lining doesn't require any specialized clothing. For cave tubing I would suggest just wearing your bathing suit for the walk and tubing both. And definitely wear water shoes or some kind of shoe that stays on your feet and can get wet. The trail is slippery at times and was pretty muddy.

Don't forget the bug spray. There are tons of mosquitos. Sunscreen is also a good thing to take with you.

I just did this last week. We went zip lining first, and I suspect you will as well, since it's easier to do the dry thing and then the wet thing.

I wore swim trunks and a quick dry shirt for the zip lining, as well as my water shoes. You'll want some shoes that you feel comfortable walking up trails and somewhat slick rock surfaces in, so I wouldn't wear flip flops. You don't need to worry much about what clothing you wear, since zip lining doesn't require any specialized clothing. For cave tubing I would suggest just wearing your bathing suit for the walk and tubing both. And definitely wear water shoes or some kind of shoe that stays on your feet and can get wet. The trail is slippery at times and was pretty muddy.

Don't forget the bug spray. There are tons of mosquitos. Sunscreen is also a good thing to take with you.

Thanks for the bug spray reminder! ;)

A~

We went with X-stream tours. We could leave things on the bus during both zip lining and cave tubing (and we went back to the bus between the two activities). The driver stayed with the bus to keep things safe.

If you want more information, see my recent cruise review at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=411544

post #18

Archived