SNUBA in St. Thomas

vincenzo0506

This past week, we did SNUBA in St. Thomas off Coki beach. It was incredible. We did not book it through Carnival, but just caught a cab for $9.00 per person (each way) and paid a few $$ less at the door. You can go to their website directly and reserve it there.

This is one of very few excuesions that is not really much more directly through Carnival. So it really doens't matter how you book, but I do reccommend that you do book it early. Frank only can take 6 people at one time and only has 2 dives per day. You have time for either the early or late dive as long as you are sailing at 6 or later.

We took the early dive and were still there when the late dive came out of the water.

Frank is incredibly patient and makes certain that you are prepared before he takes you under.

I am not the strongest or most confident surface swimmer, but having the ability to breath underwater made me a real fish. I could have stayed under for hours.

I went with my 13 and my 10 year old. They both loved it as much as I did. I felt sorry for the other couple that was with us. Out of the 36 pictures Frank took during that dive, 29 were of us. So if you want your picture taken often, stay by Frank. The pictures are available after a few days on their website and you can purchase them for $35(includes shipping or download fee). That is the price for the High Definition pictures and it is well worth it. The quality is incredible. Somewhere on the purchase page is a link to a sample.

We would do this again in a heartbeat.

vincenzo:)

This past week, we did SNUBA in St. Thomas off Coki beach. It was incredible. We did not book it through Carnival, but just caught a cab for $9.00 per person (each way) and paid a few $$ less at the door. You can go to their website directly and reserve it there.

This is one of very few excuesions that is not really much more directly through Carnival. So it really doens't matter how you book, but I do reccommend that you do book it early. Frank only can take 6 people at one time and only has 2 dives per day. You have time for either the early or late dive as long as you are sailing at 6 or later.

We took the early dive and were still there when the late dive came out of the water.

Frank is incredibly patient and makes certain that you are prepared before he takes you under.

I am not the strongest or most confident surface swimmer, but having the ability to breath underwater made me a real fish. I could have stayed under for hours.

I went with my 13 and my 10 year old. They both loved it as much as I did. I felt sorry for the other couple that was with us. Out of the 36 pictures Frank took during that dive, 29 were of us. So if you want your picture taken often, stay by Frank. The pictures are available after a few days on their website and you can purchase them for $35(includes shipping or download fee). That is the price for the High Definition pictures and it is well worth it. The quality is incredible. Somewhere on the purchase page is a link to a sample.

We would do this again in a heartbeat.

vincenzo:)

We'll keep it in mind for next time. We had actually made reservations, but in reviewing the medical release form, we realized we'd each need to get our respective doctors' clearance, since we've each had one medical condition or another in our family history. It would have been just another thing to take care of before leaving, and I already had my hands full trying to track down that darned Neat Sheet! :D (Which worked quite well, by the way.)

We'll keep it in mind for next time. We had actually made reservations, but in reviewing the medical release form, we realized we'd each need to get our respective doctors' clearance, since we've each had one medical condition or another in our family history. It would have been just another thing to take care of before leaving, and I already had my hands full trying to track down that darned Neat Sheet! :D (Which worked quite well, by the way.)

After the first 10 minutes, you forget you are underwater and being a mouth breather becomes natural. Every once in a while you forget and inhale through your nose(well, you try anyway).

I had done a bit of snorkeling before so I knew what to expect pressure wise. That was my only issue. My sinus's suck. The bottom line is, if you can fly, you can snuba. You just have to remember to equalize often on the way down. Just like in a plane on the way up. If you have sinus problems(like me), then just take a decongestant before you go. It makes the equalizing easier. I forgot to and I had to stop a couple of times. I would just float up until the pressure went away, and equalize again before dropping to the bottom.

No permanant damange done. I still know my name.

John Smith:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived