Travel time from Rome to airport

We are staying at the Alimandi in Rome and they offer a free shuttle to the airport, but only at specified hours. Does anybody know how long of a trip, time wise, it is from this hotel (or the Vatican area) to the airport? Our flight does not leave until 11:30 AM, and the shuttles offered are at 7 and 9. I would much prefer the 9AM shuttle, but would that allow us enough time to get to the airport and check in (Not sure how much time they require to check in prior to flight)

We are staying at the Alimandi in Rome and they offer a free shuttle to the airport, but only at specified hours. Does anybody know how long of a trip, time wise, it is from this hotel (or the Vatican area) to the airport? Our flight does not leave until 11:30 AM, and the shuttles offered are at 7 and 9. I would much prefer the 9AM shuttle, but would that allow us enough time to get to the airport and check in (Not sure how much time they require to check in prior to flight)[/quote

If you like to live on the edge you could take the 9:00 shuttle. You should plan on 1 hour to get to the airport. However during rush hour it could get crazy. We were in Rome in July and the taxis decided to go on strike for a few days. It was ugly!!

Good luck

Thanks to both Italian cruise man and josumello - I was afraid I was going find out it was at least an hour to the airport. Factoring in rush hour traffic, and other possibilities I think our best bet will be to take the 7AM free shuttle from the hotel. Or, get a cab around 8-8:30 and pay for it.:(

Bonnie

Hi Grammy,

If you decide to take a taxi rather than go early on the complimentary shuttle, you might ask your hotel if they will arrange a car for you at a fixed price. (Our hotel volunteered this service at about 50E.)

We have booked transfers and a tour with Stefano of RomeCab. He is charging 45E to take us from our hotel to the airport; he recommends a pickup 3 hours before flight time. Stefano can be contacted at allagrande@hotmail.it.

Having had some taxi fare surprises in the past, I like knowing in advance how much my ride will cost!

Hi Grammy,

If you decide to take a taxi rather than go early on the complimentary shuttle, you might ask your hotel if they will arrange a car for you at a fixed price. (Our hotel volunteered this service at about 50E.)

We have booked transfers and a tour with Stefano of RomeCab. He is charging 45E to take us from our hotel to the airport; he recommends a pickup 3 hours before flight time. Stefano can be contacted at allagrande@hotmail.it.

Thanks for the advice. We are using Stefano from Rome Cabs to get from the aipport to the ship's port, and I did check the website to see what the cost would be from the hotel to the airport, and it was as you said, 45E. I will check with my sister and see which she prefers - free, with lots of extra time at the airport, or sleeping a little later and using Stefano.:D

Archived