Fun Ship Dollars

ALAngel

If you are purchasing fun ship dollars and are more than two weeks out and want them applied directly to your s&s card in the first line where you would put your address you put your booking number in there- In a day or two you will receive an email confirmation stating that X amount of dollars have been applied to your shipboard account-

It's easier to just call the 800 # so you don't have to worry about mailing in gift certificates and then going to the pursers desk to have it applied. When you call directly it is automaticall applied to your card...the minute you arrive on board.

Funship dollars makes a lot of sense to me...yes, I can put the money into my savings account each paycheck, like I do for the rest of my savings accounts, but then what happens when you need to withdraw money out of your bank savings for your cruise?? I know me, if it's there I'll spend it. I do the same for my "christmas club" with my bank. Each Monday they take so much out of my checking account and it goes towards a christmas club. Every October that money comes out and I use it to do all of my Christmas Shopping.

Everyone has their own best way to save. Funship dollars works great for some and I guess it doesn't make a difference to others. But when you are budget minded and don't like having bills, this will work great for you and you will probably be able to relax a little more while on vacation not worrying about how much money you are going to spend.

It's easier to just call the 800 # so you don't have to worry about mailing in gift certificates and then going to the pursers desk to have it applied. When you call directly it is automaticall applied to your card...the minute you arrive on board.

Funship dollars makes a lot of sense to me...yes, I can put the money into my savings account each paycheck, like I do for the rest of my savings accounts, but then what happens when you need to withdraw money out of your bank savings for your cruise?? I know me, if it's there I'll spend it. I do the same for my "christmas club" with my bank. Each Monday they take so much out of my checking account and it goes towards a christmas club. Every October that money comes out and I use it to do all of my Christmas Shopping.

Everyone has their own best way to save. Funship dollars works great for some and I guess it doesn't make a difference to others. But when you are budget minded and don't like having bills, this will work great for you and you will probably be able to relax a little more while on vacation not worrying about how much money you are going to spend.

Yes the way you do it makes sense to me. But the OP is leaving in 2 weeks. Now that does not make sense. If it is only 2 weeks, they can bring the money with them and apply it to their S & S card when they get there. Unless maybe they are afraid they will spend it? Who knows.

I have applied it 2 weeks in advance. It doesn't make as much sense as it would to purchase much more in advance, but who knows...it's what works out best for each individual. I put my last $200 on fs dollars 2 or 1 week before my cruise b/c I was staying in Miami post cruise and new I would spend it before I got on board, so it was just to be safe. I know with me, if the money is there I will find something to spend it on that I really don't need...lol..like an extra outfit that I don't really need or pretty much anything...lol

I have applied it 2 weeks in advance. It doesn't make as much sense as it would to purchase much more in advance, but who knows...it's what works out best for each individual. I put my last $200 on fs dollars 2 or 1 week before my cruise b/c I was staying in Miami post cruise and new I would spend it before I got on board, so it was just to be safe. I know with me, if the money is there I will find something to spend it on that I really don't need...lol..like an extra outfit that I don't really need or pretty much anything...lol

oooops - that was staying in Miami pre cruise ;)

Yes the way you do it makes sense to me. But the OP is leaving in 2 weeks. Now that does not make sense. If it is only 2 weeks, they can bring the money with them and apply it to their S & S card when they get there. Unless maybe they are afraid they will spend it? Who knows.

Actually what we were doing makes perfect sense. We were trying to avoid standing in line with cash at the pursers desk and wanting to avoid a hold on any cc/debit card we might use. If this method had worked we would have had a one time charge with the amount we wanted to go onto our S&S card with no additional hold. We would not have had to bring additional cash on board or any certificates for the funship dollars to wait in line at the pursers desk to set up the account. Our account would have already been set up ahead of time. We never wanted a savings plan. For us it was just about trying out a neat trick we read on this board to see if it would work and save us some time and money. Now that we know about the 2 week window we may do things differently the next go around.

Archived