Wireless internet on Prinsendam ?

BCLady

We are sailing on October 1, on the Prinsendam, Athens to Lisbon. I will have my laptop with me. Can anyone tell me if there is wireless access on the ship, and if so, what it costs Is there a package to pay for wireless minutes?

We are sailing on October 1, on the Prinsendam, Athens to Lisbon. I will have my laptop with me. Can anyone tell me if there is wireless access on the ship, and if so, what it costs Is there a package to pay for wireless minutes?

Here's the web site with the info your looking for: http://www.mtnsat.com/digitalseas/hal.htm

Here's the web site with the info your looking for: http://www.mtnsat.com/digitalseas/hal.htm

That was very helpful, a question I have been trying to find out. I have a laptop but know wireless card. I am very naive in this matter. I live in NZ and wonder if I can buy a card before we leave home next Tues. I see the ship will charge $US10 a day for a card, my god thats appaling or does that pay the cost of being on line? Do you think I could hire a card just when I want to go on line?

I am totally out of my depth here and badly need some help.

Best place to connect is the Erasmus Library (which isn't a library anymore, just writing desks). There are even electrical outlets (european plugs, though - you'll need a converter) so you don't need to go on battery power. Connectivity is relativerly good anywhere around the atrium on the * Promenade (i.e., the prom itself, upper prom, lower prom) decks. Our cabin was two down from the elevator lobby and I could get moderate connectivity from the desk in the stateroom.

Chivalrygirl: The $10/day charge for the card is just for the card - you still need to buy a connection package. A local computer store should be able to sell you a wireless card for the equivalent of US$30-$50 I'd imagine.

Thanks Navy Chief and Dakruser. Your information was exactly what I needed. I think I'll buy the 250 minute package as our cruise is for 17 days and includes several days pre-cruise in Athens and several more in Lisbon. It will certainly mean that I don''t have to waste time searching for an internet cafe at different ports. We will be carrying the european plugs anyway, as we are spending so much time there.

This forum has been a wnderful source of information. Thanks again everyone

Archived