Why No Shore Excurisions Yet ?

LetmeCurise

Hello everyone,
We are new to sailing Princess (this is our first cruise with them)
Were booked on the Diamond Princess 10-16-04 Mexican Rev.
and are around 90 some odd days till sailing, But still the Princess cruise personilizer (sp) says that shore excurisions are not avail. Questions i have are...
(1) When do they become avavi. for booking ?
(2) When can we expect to see our pre cruise doc's ?
(3) On the cruise personilizer it still shows us as a Cat. AA grty.
when will they begin to assigin cabins on the web site ?

Any help you can give is great, As we have learned a ton of useful info from reading your posts here.
BTW, we have sailed on Carnival 4 times and have decided to try another line.
Were not fans of the 24/7 party time but the price has always been right.
with carnival.

Once again,
Thank you,
Dale & Evelyn

Dale & Evelyn,

You should receive your precruise documents about a week after your final payment. :)

As for shore excursions, I have been wondering the same thing as we are also within the 120 window for an upcoming cruise and haven't been able to prereserve our shore excursions on the personalizer. :(

Sharon

Latest news appears to be that on MOST cruises they have changed the scheduling of shore excursions to 60 days out. I guess maybe folks were scheduling shore excursions and then not making their final payments?? Anyway, it appears now that you can't book shore excursions until final payment is made, which coincidentally both happen about 60 days out from when you sail! We're running into the same thing on our Caribbean Princess cruise on 10/02/04, but I know for a fact that we booked them more than 90 days out for our Grand Princess cruise this past March.

TL

We are on the Sapphire, Oct. 2 and we got to go into the cruise personalizer and select our excursions. This was on the first part of last week. You will get your pre docs after your final payment. Mine is July 18 so will expect the docs about a week after that. I think anyday you will get to pick your excursions. As of today we are 83 days out so go figure. Sometimes it is 60 days and sometime 120. :confused:

Marilyn

I'm just surprised :eek:

On our last two cruises we booked our SE 120 days out, and for our upcoming cruise the personalizer specifically states.

" ** Shore Excursion pre-reservation is available 120 days prior to departure date."

I guess I was just expecting that the info in the personalizer was correct.

Silly me. :o

Sharon

[quote name='LetmeCurise']Questions i have are...
(1) When do they become avavi. for booking ?
(2) When can we expect to see our pre cruise doc's ?
(3) On the cruise personilizer it still shows us as a Cat. AA grty.
when will they begin to assigin cabins on the web site ?[/quote]

(1)When they are available all depends on the cruise and when the cruise is in relationship to "contracts" with tour operators.
We were able to book our upcoming b2b Mediterranean tours 121 days before cruise on the Cruise Personalizer.
(2) about 1 week after final payment
(3) Gty cabins can be assigned any day from the day after booking until a day or two before sailing (usually most people don't check the cruise personalizer and find out at the pier). To give you an idea how varied it can be:for our b2b in Sept.:for the 13th 2 months ago and for the 1st two days ago. For our Thanksgiving on 5/31.

Our cruise is booked for 10/7 and we were able to reserve the excursions yesterday. Our final payment isn't due till the 14th, however we were still able to reserve the excursions. My opinion, and it is just an opinion, is you are a week away from having Princess open up the excursions for your cruise. I base that only on our experience. My TA said 90 days before the cruise.

Bob

Must vary from ship to ship/itinerary. I noticed we are now able to book our excursions for Grand Princess 9/26, or about 75-80 days out. Perhaps they were availible loger but I have been forgetting to check for 2-3 weeks or so.

[quote name='crusdiva']I'm just surprised :eek:

On our last two cruises we booked our SE 120 days out, and for our upcoming cruise the personalizer specifically states.

" ** Shore Excursion pre-reservation is available 120 days prior to departure date."\[/QUOTE]

Sharon -- For what cruise? I have never been able to book excursions before 60 days....Oooops, just remembered. I did once book way before 60 days and when I went back to make a change, the excursions had been taken down and put up again 60 days prior. I guess an above poster is right suggesting that the line really doesn't have all the excursions set up yet.

We are going on the Grand 10/3 and we booked our excursions 2-3 weeks ago. I know it was just passed the 120 days because I was anxiously waiting for the 120 day mark and when it passed I was very upset that the excursions were not available but it was only about 5 days later that they were available.

Well I guess we will just wait till they show up on the Princess web site.
Could be any day now i suppose..
Thank you to everyone for your answers.

Dale & Evelyn
Mexican Rev.
Diamond Princess 10-16-04

Mexico
Carnival Elation 02-02

Western Caribean
Carnival Destiny 12-00

Mexico
Carnival Elation 10-00

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess November 6th.......118 days out and still we can't book excursions.........word one of our cruisers got from Princess is 60 days out. Don't know if it is for this particular cruise or not, but got that word today from Princess from one of our cruisers.

Jim

Archived