Question - QE2 Cabin 1084 - 12-18 April 2008

CruiseCallisto

I've just booked cabin 1084 for the last week of the 2008 world cruise on the QE2 from New York to Southampton.

It's my first ever cruise, and I've chosen CA cabin 1084 as I wanted to be on One Deck.

Questions are -

1) Anyone have a picture of that cabin?

2) Should I have booked guarantee instead of a specific cabin? I had visions of booking guarantee and being relegated to a worse location.

3) Any tips or advice for the first time cruise goer / first time Cunard QE2? Things such as what I might need to book early on board / pre-book in order not to miss out on them.

Thanks very much in advance!

No photos I'm afraid, but your cabin is 165 square feet, and as others in the same CA grade (2034 & 2035) are only 99 square feet I'd say you've done pretty well. Obviously guarantee means you might get bumped up, but if you don't you're likely to find the best cabins in your chosen mimimum grade have gone and you'll be in one much smaller and on 2 deck. The difference in size for the same money is amazing!

Cabins 3037 and 3040 are larger. They were originally sold as doubles and have a bed, long dresser with many drawers, a sofa bed, two full wardrobes, a full bath and 2 portholes. I have one of them for the 2007 world cruise. I had 2035 for a crossing a few years back and it is cozy and perfect for a short cruise. 1084 loses considerable square footage to the long passageway leading from the door to the bedroom area.

Good luck!

What was the general location of this stateroom like please? We have two 'cabins' booked VERY close by it for our next cruise :)

2035 is located on the starboard side, forward of the Midships Lobby on Two Deck, nearby the Computer Center. It was a quiet, stable location. It was small and cozy, a bit tight on wardrobe space. The bathroom was large and sported the new renovated look. 2034 on the port side is exactly the same. All the other CA singles - and 2 QG cabins - are configured in a way that makes them dark and somewhat depressing. The bed is often tucked into a recess and the porthole is located at the end of a narrow area. 2035 was bright. It was perfect for my crossing. I would take it again, but I wanted the largest cabin with amply wardrobe space for the world cruise.

Let me know if you need more info.

Happy Sailings!

Thanks for the replies so far, they've been very helpful!

Anyone have an answer to my third question?

"Any tips or advice for the first time cruise goer / first time Cunard QE2? Things such as what I might need to book early on board / pre-book in order not to miss out on them."

Cheers!

Let me know if you need more info.

Happy Sailings!

Thanks, you've been a great help. I knew it was a Princess Grill stateroom and therefore it will be more luxurious and likely bigger than the two M4 cabins we have booked. I was more interested in the actual location - 'quiet and stable' suits us just fine though - and it's nice to feel happy with what one has booked. :D

Archived