What happens on the last morning?

cruiseluvva

We disembark at Civitavecchia and fly home from Rome. Our 5.10pm flight has been arranged by Regent, so does anyone know what happens? I know we get taken to the airport, but surely we're not just dumped there and left to wait all day? Or am I wrong?

Hi Gill

We are on the same flight. I understand from our travel agent that we will have use of the facilities (not a room) at the Airport Hilton. However, I think we may opt for an appropriate Rome tour to co-ordinate with our departure.

I am assuming that RSSC will take care of our luggage in their usual efficient manner.

We received our documents last weekend, and I noticed that at the back of the shore trips book that they do actually arrange for last day tours if there is sufficient time before your departure flight. I think it said that the reservation could be done on-board. ;)

I missed that, which isn't like me at all being as pedantic as I am! It would be nice to see a little of Rome, we've actually not seen a great deal of Europe as we normally go further afield.

I hadn't realised you'd done a RSSC cruise before......you say they're very efficient.

I hadn't realised you'd done a RSSC cruise before......you say they're very efficient.

You were right... we haven't sailed with Regent before, but they have been ultra efficient with my communications over recent months. It seems to me that they try to accommodate and facilitate whatever are the passenger's wishes. However, as they say,"the proof of the pudding is in the eating", and we'll soon find out. I'm really looking forward to this, our first cruise. Can't wait!! :D

Young Pensioner and Cruiseluvva

Just in case I don't get the opportunity again, may I send you my best wishes for a marvellous cruise to Rome and leave Voyager in good condition for when I take over on 7 October. We haven't had our tickets or suite number yet but it shouldn't be long now. :)

Thank you OrpingtonT....we're certainly going to try. My husband and I are going to be interested in seeing the difference between RSS and P&O. We're hoping, even expecting, better things, particularly food wise.

I hope you have a great time as well....we'll all try and keep everything neat and tidy for you.

Just in case I don't get the opportunity again, may I send you my best wishes for a marvellous cruise to Rome and leave Voyager in good condition for when I take over on 7 October. We haven't had our tickets or suite number yet but it shouldn't be long now

Thank you very much for your good wishes. Who knows, we might even pass at the pier. Perhaps we should agree to carry The Times or wear a red carnation so that we'll know each other! :D

I read in your other thread about your visit to Voyager when she was in Greenwich. You lucky so and so! It must be your charm... getting to be invited for a viewing.

Pity we didn't choose the same cruise. Would have enjoyed meeting you and your dear wife. Still, some other time maybe.

Have a good trip yourselves. We'll catch up when you get back.

Will you wearing said carnation and carrying the Times when on the BA flight September 28th

Neither will be necessary... we'll be the one's with the tired eyes, because we have to be at Manchester Airport at 4am!!!

Look forward to seeing you either at Heathrow, Athens or at the very least onboard. :)

... we'll be the one's with the tired eyes

Will look out for a bleary, red eyed couple of young pensioners with a (?) Lancs accent then :) We'll be the young, good looking, slim couple full of ooh arrrs since we live in Wilts:rolleyes: if only...................

We will be flying out of Rome after a cruise on the Navigator. Regent has booked our air travel, and I was told they would not book anything earlier than 12:30. Our flight leaves Rome at 1:00, so I assume we get no tour and will need to be off the ship fairly early.

My main worry is that we only have 45 minutes to make a connection in Paris. Why Air France would do this when they are fully aware of the problems at CDG is a mystery. I've been told I have about a 50% chance of making my connection. I'm hoping we can get to the airport early and get on an earlier flight, as AF has them about every hour.

Anyone know when you must be off the ship? And does the transportation take you immediately, or must we linger around the port for a while?

Iborne

If you have only a short time to make the connection, rest assured your luggage will not. Make sure you check in only the things you can do without for a few days though with the present restrictions on carry-on this might cause problems in itself. Sorry to be pessimistic about this but I have suffered from the problem.

Generally, disembarkation starts quite early and those folk with flights around lunch time are usually among the first off. I hope you get an earlier flight to CDG as you indicated.

Thanks. I have no doubt my luggage will be lost. I've been through CDG enough times to know nothing goes smoothly. Luckily, it is on our way home, so don't really need anything in the luggage immediately (just dirty laundyry). I'll be keeping the camera and memory cards with me.

Unfortunately, the Rome to Paris flights are heavy loads and even if I arrive early there is still a very low chance of getting on an earlier flight.

If you are on ships transfer to airport..the luggage is usually loaded on the bus you will be on..so if you go on tour so does your stuff:D

I had a reply to an email which I sent from Regent today. They will decide when they know how many transfers are involved, whether we will be offered a city tour or be placed at an airport hotel (The Hilton, I believe). I suggested that a city tour would be preferable to us, but apparently it will depend on the number of passengers to be transferred. I expect we will be advised before the end of the cruise. Regent will take care of the luggage; either to the transit hotel or with us on the City Tour. Whatever, I am sure it will all be a.o.k.:)

Archived