Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Blamar...did you have any issues booking with Canadian Credit Card,

and address??? I tried twice last week for the first time & bids got rejected so I wondered if it was the Canadian address thing???

No problem at all using a Canadian Visa. I started my bids at $50 and went up by $10. At $70 it worked.

please tell me how you did it and how did you know it was the Crowne Plaza San Pedro. Step by step help would be nice if anyone is out there help me!!!!

You go to priceline.com, chose the hotel tab, Long Beach area, then you pick San Pedro, 3.5 stars, name your price, and hope you get it!

I bid $60 the day before, didn't get it, then bid $65 last night and got it! There is a 24 hour wait period before you can try again. You can not choose the Crowne Plaza, but it appears to be the one everyone is getting right now. The other hotel at the 3.5 level is the Double Tree - which is also a good choice from what I read on the boards. I've been to neither hotel.

Good Luck!

as I should have been but thanks to all you wonderful people, did get the Doubletree for $72. Waited until the last minute so didn't want to take a lot of chances. First time on Priceline & I was sort of nervous:rolleyes:. Worked out well & I'd really like to thank you all for the great tips. Feel so much better about getting to LA the day before cruise since our NW weather has been so iffy-scared to chance the day of..... Cheaper to get a new Alaska air ticket than do a flight deviason. Sounds like we'll be able to get to Von's or Costco to stock up on wine as a big bonus & won't need to worry about carrying in suitcase. Joy. Thanks again for help.

as I should have been but thanks to all you wonderful people, did get the Doubletree for $72. Waited until the last minute so didn't want to take a lot of chances. First time on Priceline & I was sort of nervous:rolleyes:. Worked out well & I'd really like to thank you all for the great tips. Feel so much better about getting to LA the day before cruise since our NW weather has been so iffy-scared to chance the day of..... Cheaper to get a new Alaska air ticket than do a flight deviason. Sounds like we'll be able to get to Von's or Costco to stock up on wine as a big bonus & won't need to worry about carrying in suitcase. Joy. Thanks again for help.

What date...?

You got a fantastic price!

1/17 - Doubletree San Pedro $70 + taxes and fees

So is that the trick, you have to wait until 3 days before you go??? That's a great price! Hopefully, I'll be able to get close to that for a date in later April. Thanks for the heads up! :)

1/27 in advance of the Oceania Regatta.... have you stayed there ? Are you on that cruise?

No I haven't stayed there. I looking for a pre-cruise ( 4/19 sailing of the Mariner of the Seas ) hotel near the pier. You have a great price and I think you will enjoy the Hotel. You should be able to see your ship arriving from the hotel. The hotel staff will know the best location to watch. Enjoy your stay and cruise. Let us know how it all works out.

No I haven't stayed there. I looking for a pre-cruise ( 4/19 sailing of the Mariner of the Seas ) hotel near the pier. You have a great price and I think you will enjoy the Hotel. You should be able to see your ship arriving from the hotel. The hotel staff will know the best location to watch. Enjoy your stay and cruise. Let us know how it all works out.

Becca, the Long Beach Grand Prix is that weekend, so no luck with Priceline at all and the CP is fully booked, as are most of the hotels in Long Beach. I have reservations at the Doubletree as backup, but still looking for something more reasonable.

Date: 3/07/09

# of nights 1 (precruise) -

Hotel: Crowne Plaza, San Pedro, CA

Resort level 3.5*

Site:Priceline

Winning bid $65

Just won this yesterday for my parents (used their credit card).

I booked this for my family back in October through Priceline, and couldn't get it for less than $75 at that time.