Smuggling Liquor of Choice

spikera

Hi Everyone, we will be on the glory in about three weeks... we are thinking of bringing alcohol on board.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

We were thinking of bringing gin, lime vodka & maybe a spiced rum... anybody have any good mixes of what they make with the above once they get on board? lemonade & spiced rum, rum & coke........lime vodka & sprite... any other good concoktions(sp??) What about fruit punch with vodka?

Thanks everyone........this will supplement our many buckets of beer.

Hi Everyone, we will be on the glory in about three weeks... we are thinking of bringing alcohol on board.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

We were thinking of bringing gin, lime vodka & maybe a spiced rum... anybody have any good mixes of what they make with the above once they get on board? lemonade & spiced rum, rum & coke........lime vodka & sprite... any other good concoktions(sp??) What about fruit punch with vodka?

Thanks everyone........this will supplement our many buckets of beer.

I thought the fruit punch was great with vodka. You could bring a small bottle of tonic for the gin and vodka.

vodka and punch, vodka and lemonade, vodka and tomato juice, vodka and orange juice, vodka and any crystal light drinks, vodka and vermouth with a twist of orange/lemon/lime (great easy martini). Can you tell I drink vodka??? LOL

;) I always bring kaluha and mix it with the ice cream, also irish cream with my morning room service coffee (:rolleyes: I'm on vacation so may as well start the day out with a litte tody!). I have also brought fresh spearment leaves to have with rum and lemonade.

Hey MRVEGAS...

Are you a Maker's Mark Ambassador? I now live in Lebanon, KY and Maker's Mark is actually distilled less than 8 miles from my house. If you haven't already, you should plan a tour of the distillery sometime. Excellent choice of bourbon and you WILL NOT find it on the Carnival ships, that's for sure. We checked!

My wife loves her Sea-breezes and Bay-breezes. Vodka with grapefruit juice and a little squirt of Cranberry juice & Vodka with pineapple juice and a little squirt of Cranberry juice. You can also substitute Rum for the Vodka and its called an Ocean breeze I think. I enjoy Lime Vodka with Sprite Zero and a twist of lime.

All the juices should be available at breakfast every morning.. Enjoy. sb

Ok now what would the packing method be:wrapping in bubble wrap?

Only flip flops in my suitcase - no real shoes to stick the bottles into!!

Weve purchased some Rum Runners Flasks(plastic pouches with a pour spout) and will try those. They havent come in yet(we ordered Mon night) but will definitely test them out when they get in to see how well they work.

OK...whether you smuggle it onboard or buy it legal--the guava juice that they serve at breakfast is awesome with vodka. In fact, DH discovered it one morning and got a bit upset when it "went away" at lunch...so the next morning he brought down one of our BIG covered mugs, filled it with guava juice and kept it spike out of his "special" water bottle for the rest of the day.

:D

with all the responses , can i assume most of you bring alcohol on board with you? I have been on one other cruise and they were pulling a few folks out of the line due to just that. I went on NCL. Is Carnival less stringent about this rule? I was going to order a bottle or two prior to our sail date and have it in our room.

I was on Conquest last week. There are no charges for juices (inclucing tomato) and milk. Sodas and Alcohol have a charge. The tomato juice is plain tomato juice...which is REALLY bland. No salt or any other enhancers you usually get with a mixer. One thing to note, there is lemonade, punch, and orange (i think) and tea from the fountains and they remove some of the options at different parts of the day. The options still worked when we tried them at the end of the cruise. The punch is one that is not labeled all the time.

Archived