[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]The dilemma is which ship? The Fantasy or the[/color]
[color=purple]SOS? It has been years since I have been on[/color]
[color=purple]the Fantasy. My friends have cruised but never[/color]
[color=#800080]been to the Bahamas.[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]What are your thoughts??[/color]

Fantasy has been recently rehabed.
IMHO, this decision is almost a tossup - and the answer will depend on how you answer some questions.
1. Which cruises have you enjoyed more, Carnival or RCI?
2. How many people do you expect to sleep in your cabin. Remember that Sovereign's cabins are very very very small.
3. How important is the 24/7 pizza, salads and soft-serve ice cream and yogurt? Carnival has them, RCI doesn't
4. Would you or your family enjoy rock-climbing? RCI has it Carnival doesn't
5. How much would you all enjoy a water-slide? Carnival has it RCI doesn't.
6. How important is what kind of decoration? Carnival is sort of Vegas style. RCI is a little classier.
7 How much would you enjoy appetizers during the pre-dinner cocktail hour? RCI does this Carnival doesn't
I don't think you can make a bad decision.
I would suggest the horse-drawn carriage while in Nassau.

[quote name='yarlenna']4. Would you or your family enjoy rock-climbing? RCI has it Carnival doesn't
[/QUOTE]
I believe the rock-climbing is only on Voyager class ships. We were on the SOS in 2000 and this ship didn't have the rock-climbing. Otherwise, I agree with everything the previous poster advised. Personally, knowing that Fantasy has been recently rehabbed, I would probably choose that ship. Although we did have a great time on the Sovereign!

[quote name='mtd716']I believe the rock-climbing is only on Voyager class ships. We were on the SOS in 2000 and this ship didn't have the rock-climbing. Otherwise, I agree with everything the previous poster advised. Personally, knowing that Fantasy has been recently rehabbed, I would probably choose that ship. Although we did have a great time on the Sovereign![/QUOTE]

They installed a rock climbing wall the week before we went on Sovereign last Aug. I don't consider that a perk though. We had a great time on Sov. It was significantly cheaper than Fantasy when we went. I wouldn't hesitate to go on either ships...we were ported beside Fantasy in Nassau and everyone looked like they were having a great time. I really care for CocoCay (RC's private island), so Freeport would entice me more (that's where Fantasy goes right?).

Archived