Legend is going to be late getting in this sunday 9/17/06!

treyct

I just received this for our Cruise next week....Just passing on the info

September 15, 2006

Dear Carnival Guest:

We want you to be aware that the Carnival Legend will be delayed returning to New York from the previous cruise with arrival now estimated at 4:00 PM. The ship was forced to make a significant route deviation in order to facilitate a special medical emergency evacuation.

For your comfort and convenience, if your travel plans are flexible, we suggest that you do not plan to arrive at the terminal for embarkation prior to 7:00 PM. There is very limited space, seating and services available in the terminal. Departure time will not be before 10:00 PM.

We sincerely apologize for this situation. However, the health and safety of our guests and crew are our number one priority. Carnival will provide you with a $20 per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign charge account to cover lunch on Sunday.

In addition, please be aware that we may need to slightly modify the itinerary for this cruise. For updated information, please visit Carnival.com.

Most importantly, we want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the spectacular Carnival Legend.

Sincerely,

L 9ctztd_

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President — Sales & Marketing

Trey, I hope you don't mind... I copied your post into the 9/17 roll call just to keep everyone updated.

This stinks :(

Why does this stink? :confused: 2 days advance notice sounds pretty fair. I'm sorry many will be delayed arriving & departing but looks like Carnival is making every effort to give advance warning.

It stinks for people who have flights and trains that arrive into the city fairly early. And it stinks because it's going to be a MOB scene in the terminal. Would you really like to be cramped in a terminal with 2,000 people?

It's a small damper to the start of everyone's vacation don't you think?

It stinks for people who have flights and trains that arrive into the city fairly early. And it stinks because it's going to be a MOB scene in the terminal. Would you really like to be cramped in a terminal with 2,000 people?

Been there....done that, for Miracle.....but we didn't know until we arrived at the port. Good luck.

My daughter calles at 1000pm last night. The ship returned to port after 4 hours at sea. Someone must of had a medical emergency. She said they were doing top speed 23 knots.They were just leaving port at that time.Most of the passengers were calling family since it was virgin islands.She told me going down on Sunday was rough seas due to the storm.Sounds like the rest of week was good weather.Those traveling next week stated the ship was beautiful.Just wanted to give update.

True, but probably more so for the person who had to be evac'd off, eh?

Happened to us too, but we had to take a motorcoach down from Tampa to Port Everglades because of H-Kat. Departed at about 9:30.

Been there....done that, for Miracle.....but we didn't know until we arrived at the port. Good luck.

Now that would have really sucked. I'm sure everyone appeciates the warning and the comp from Carnival, but it sure doesn't help those that are arriving by plane or train and nowhere to go. For those that didn't see my other post, if you can find a place to stow your luggage...

http://www.sangennaro.org/

The feast is in town.

vincenzo:)

I hope you have your fire suit on!

While, yes it is not the way to start a vacation, it could be worse. I'm sure the person who had the medical emergency wasn't planning on ending his vacation that way either. A little inconvience to you, so what? You live in Central NJ and could probably make plans to get to the terminal a little later without too much hassle. Yes, your cruise is a few hours shorter. Deal with it! At least you will not miss your ship. Think of all the people on the ship now that will miss flights home and the trouble they will have to get on new flights.

Trey, I hope you don't mind... I copied your post into the 9/17 roll call just to keep everyone updated.

This stinks :(

I guess if it were yourself or a family member you wouldn't want to be accomadated if you or your family member were have an emergency. Just let you lay in some island hospital? Sounds kind of selfish and childish to me.

I guess if it were yourself or a family member you wouldn't want to be accomadated if you or your family member were have an emergency. Just let you lay in some island hospital? Sounds kind of selfish and childish to me.

I don't belive for a second that AC was being selfish. She was stating a fact. It stinks.

For the person evacuated, for the people missing flights, for those arriving on plane or train and nowhere to go...

It stinks.

for everyone involved.

the end.

Thanks vincenzo.

Holy crap.

Yeah, it stinks for EVERYONE INVOLVED. And if that makes me selfish for feeling sorry for everyone then so be it. People are so friggin' quick to judge.

anytime. it's incredible to me. Some of these folks are worse than my kids. Is stead of asking you what you meant by that 2 word sentence, they automatically assume the worse and break out the flame throwers.

give me a break.

Ask a simple question, you will get some information, then if you don't like the answer, flame away.

done with this tread.

vincenzo

People are so friggin' quick to judge.

Aint that the truth:mad:

Lighten up people, did AC say she didn't have concern for the people that had the medical emergency? You are all assuming. That's the problem with these boards.:rolleyes:

Yes AC "that sucks!"

Aint that the truth:mad:

Lighten up people, did AC say she didn't have concern for the people that had the medical emergency? You are all assuming. That's the problem with these boards.:rolleyes:

Yes AC "that sucks!"

Thank you too!! Jeez!!

If anyone took 2 second to even look over at what I've posted on my roll call, they would know that we're ALL saying the exact some thing.

I'm done explaining myself.

holy cow, all she said was that the situation stinks for everyone involved, and you people are jumping down her throat! relax! she never said "screw the person who was in need of medical attention!" get off your high horse, and stop trying to sound all righteous. its not necessary.

FYI - if you need somewhere to store your luggage, I've been in contact with the pier and here is the e-mail they sent me. Certainly helpful for those who will be arriving early & will have a lot of time on their hands! :)

Nicole,

You can arrive as early as 8am to check in your luggage if you so desire. The fact that the ship is coming in so late won't make a difference, there will be porters available.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hart

Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

Does it matter if we arrive at the pier around 10a? Will there be porters who can take our luggage even though the ship won’t be boarding until at least 7p that evening? From what I understand the ship won’t even be arriving from it’s current sailing into the pier until 4p on Sunday.

Thanks again,

Nicole

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:25 PM

To: Nicole

Subject: RE: Luggage storage?

Dear Nicole,

You can check your luggage in with a porter when you arrive at the terminal. When the ship arrives they will load all the luggage onto the ship, you will not need to worry about once you have checked it in. Make sure that you have your bags tagged with your names, phone number address, ship name, and cabin number. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hart

P&O Ports N.A.

Manhattan Cruise Terminal

711 12th Avenue

New York, New York 10019

(212) 246-5450 Main Line

(212) 641-4441 Direct Line

(212) 641-4490 Fax

mailto: jennifer.hart@poportsna.com

Wow....amazing. I think people leaving on this cruise have every right to say it stinks....They have paid a lot of money and spent a lot of time looking forward to this cruise then to have it delayed may be some what dissappointing. I never heard anyone say anything nasty about the reason why it is delayed I believe most people think the way Carnival handled it and that the ill persons well being should come first and certainly for him/her and their family it REALLY STINKS....but I see no reason that those waiting to go on their cruise should not feel some sense of dissappoint. Why is everyone jumping on them...........

Where is that bottle of Rum I know it is here somewhere........................

Now that would have really sucked. I'm sure everyone appeciates the warning and the comp from Carnival, but it sure doesn't help those that are arriving by plane or train and nowhere to go. For those that didn't see my other post, if you can find a place to stow your luggage...

http://www.sangennaro.org/

The feast is in town.

vincenzo:)

Oh it sucked alright! LOL! We got over early (10:30)... ship wasn't there, but they told us to come back in a few hours... so we all went drinking at Hooters... came back, they said come back in a few more hours... this went on a few times. Ship pulled in around 3:30... we boarded around 8-8:30 (over 2000 people crammed into the Tampa terminal... and they were calling out names ONE BY ONE in order to give out S&S cards!!!!!!). We didn't receive $20... nothing. We enjoyed our time and had a great cruise!!!!!! As mentioned, at least these people know in advance...

You should have no problems checking in your luggage early... there will be porters there. Have a great cruise!!

I didn't attack anyone here. I simply asked a question. Why is everybody so defensive?

I wish those returning late, the best of luck on changing their travel arrangements. And those of you departing late.....I hope you will get over it & not let it affect your whole cruise.

Archived