NCL's Kids Club & Hawaii Excurions

trnmba

Hi!

We are going to be traveling on NCL Pride of America this April. We have never traveled on NCL w/the kids (both are 4 /12, almost 5 at time of cruise) as we have stuck mostly w/Carnival. Could someone give me a general idea of how the program works on NCL. Is there an orientation night similar to Carnival? Group babysitting at night? Suggestions, comments, etc.....

Also, if anyone has traveled on this ship or the other one in Hawaii, any suggestion on excursions w/kids?

Thanks so much!!!

We just got back from POH. I have a 3.5 year old so they would be in the same group. When we got on the boat there was a booth set up that answered your questions about the program and had a form to fill out. The first night from 8-10 you were able to leave your child after they filled out the forms, etc. YOU have to read the info, it's pretty self explanatory and there was not an orientation. Most days it was free to go to kids club from 9-noon and 7pm-10pm. Most days you could pay $5 an hourand an extra $3 for the second child for after hours care. There were also some days that they offered it from noon-5pm.

I liked the activites they did. I've been on Carnival before when she was 2 and thought this had way fewer children so was more of a personal experience. I haven't posted it yet, but I am working on my review and I plan to scan the schedule for the week for the kid's club as well as the "rules". I hope it will help.

Jenn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just found this thread... can anyone confirm that the NCL Pride of America kids club is open every day?

I had someone on a different board telling me that it is closed when the ship is in port, which of course is every day!

Our 5-yo would be very disappointed if that is true-- plus she may want to stay on board sometimes when we go on shore.

If anyone has a recent schedule of the kids events, would love to see it!

thanks!

Archived