hotel in venice

pipster37

Oceania was offering in their catalog as a post cruise in Venice a hotel that is brand new and will not be opened until end of May. After calling O they said they will not be offering a post cruise for this sailing. We are sailing on the April 28, 07 cruise. Does anyone know of a hotel that is not to far from the ship that will handle the luggage and also take us to the airport after 1 day extra? Thank you.

Oceania was offering in their catalog as a post cruise in Venice a hotel that is brand new and will not be opened until end of May. After calling O they said they will not be offering a post cruise for this sailing. We are sailing on the April 28, 07 cruise. Does anyone know of a hotel that is not to far from the ship that will handle the luggage and also take us to the airport after 1 day extra? Thank you.

You might check tripadvisor.com for information on the hotels. When we were there in June we stayed in Mestre so we could get a land taxi with the luggage from the airport.

...hey there pipster37,

...we're on the same sailing as you, when we disembark we've made plans to stay in Venice for an additional few days, we elected to stay in the part of Venice called Venice Mestre, its the part of the city on the mainland as opposed to the actual old city islands . The hotel prices are literally half or less than what you will pay in order to stay in the 'old city'...

...here's the address of the place we ended up booking: http://www.hotelplazavenice.com/ Tripadvisor gives it a good review, and our travel agent has stayed there herself and says its very convenient for transportation to both the airport and the old city. She actually won't stay in the old city now, as many of the hotels are in buildings that are so old they are falling into a lot of disrepair, they are trying to bring them up to standards but the repairs neccessary to them are transferred directly to the guests along with the costs of having to transport everything by water. She says its very easy to get back and forth from Mestre to the old city on the vaporetto, taking something like ten minutes and you get to see a lot of the sights along the way...

...hope this may be of help to you...

cheers,

the Imagineers

NCL cruise on the Wind - Aug 27/06, it was great, I'll miss the Wind.

upcoming Oceania cruise on the Insignia - Apr 28/07

. She says its very easy to get back and forth from Mestre to the old city on the vaporetto, taking something like ten minutes and you get to see a lot of the sights along the way...

...hope this may be of help to you...

I imagine you meant to say the train or the bus? We stayed at the Best Western Bologna in Mestre which was directly across from the train station. A quick ride to the island.

In reply to Imagineer, how are you getting from the cruise ship to your hotel in Venice? That is one of our concerns. Is there transportation from Mestre back to the airport? Thank you

Answering your questions about transport from from the ship to the hotel in Mestre and to the Airport, you can just call a land taxi, since it is on the mainland. It was very easy for us senior citizens with all the luggage. It's only about 15 minutes to the airport.:D

Thanks. I also live in Sarasota, Florida. We have been to Venice before, and I would just like an extra day. My husband does not know if it is worth it, as Oceania with charge us a ship deviation each and then by the time we check in after the cruise docks is about 1:00p.m. so we would just have the rest of the day and evening. That is why I was curious when docking. When we were in Venice before we were on a land trip and everything was taken care for us.

Archived