Mariner of the Seas - Sep 3, 2006 - Mariner Maniacs!

lephysteria

I've written a review of this fabulous cruise!!!! The ship was great, the food was great, the people were great, and it was literally one of the best cruises in 16 that I've taken.

I would like you all to read it if you're going on the Mariner or if you'd just like to see the pics of the infamous mariner maniacs!

The problem is that there are so many great pics in the PDF file (the review) that I cannot attach it here. The limit is 19.5k in size. That doesn't really let me do much.

Anyhow I do have it posted on another cruising website. If I post the link, this board turns the URL into ******* and you can't get there.

So if you're unable to follow the instructions in my signature, send me an email to this screen name at yahoo. I'll gladly forward you the 3.75Mb 33 page PDF file :D

Oh we've been posing on the boards, but in our roll call thread, which took on a life of its own. I knew we were going to have a great cruise even before we meet. The people I cruised with are the nicest, most genuine people yet!

I miss my maniacs :(

Great review Jen. I almost want to take a copy of it with me when I go in 2 weeks so I know what to order on the menu!!!

Two questions, what are rum jumbies? Was crazy hat night and pajama party night something your cruise critic group came up with or the ship? If it was the ship, where did you find out about this?

Thanks

Karen, Jen is not feeling well and as a "Mariner Maniac" I will try and answer a couple of your questions so this thread doesn't slip off the board before she has a chance to see it.

The jammies party and the "crazy hat" events were not sponsored by the ship. It was totally a "Maniac" event. Great fun..... Our roll call group had activities planned together everyday. You could participate in as many (or as few) as you wanted. We feel like family now.

(Jen, sorry for butting in on your thread -;) )

Pat

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Pat you did a mahhhvelous job!!! You're the best :D

Yes, Karen, Pat was totally correct.

We did the "crazy hat" night because we're just crazy, and Norman had a lot of hats to spare. He had an entire suitcase just for the hats!!!! :eek:

The PJ party was also something that all of us on the roll call thread (I think there were 124-150 people registered for our Meet and Mingle, and about 30-45 active posters on our roll call thread. We had an active group going into the cruise. In fact, our roll call thread is STILL alive and kicking!! :D

We just set aside one night to get dolled up in jammies and run around the ship. It was literally one of the best nights of the cruise.

WE had such a good time!!! :D

Feel free to take my printout with you to figure out what to order. If you see Warren, please tell him we miss him :)

Thanks so much for reading the review. I've read recent messages on this board where people are hesitant to cruise on the Mariner because of some of the crew, or issues.

Please don't let this stop you. We had great service, food, entertainment, fun, etc. We had such a great time.

We've also had cruises (even with rccl) where the ship wasn't clean, the food wasn't good, and our service lacked. BUt it never stopped us from having a good time. We always will cruise again.

I hope you have a great time on your sailing! Please let us know all about it. I hope your embarkation goes smoother, and no one shouts at you! :)

Hi lephysteria, haven't seen you in a while here! (Or maybe we've just been posting in different places?) Great review--- we're looking at the Mariner next, so I loved all the details and pics.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

PS- LOVE the pic of you in a sari. Beautiful!!

Hi lephysteria, haven't seen you in a while here! (Or maybe we've just been posting in different places?) Great review--- we're looking at the Mariner next, so I loved all the details and pics.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

PS- LOVE the pic of you in a sari. Beautiful!!

Thanks so much for reading the review :)

I hope all has been well with you. :)

Jen, I'm a little blurring-eyed this morning because I sat up late last night enjoying every moment (well, except for embarcation!) of your Mariner cruise! Thank you so much.

We are sailing on her very soon now and I have a question about the dinner dress code. Printed information says there is one "semi-formal" night, suggesting men wear a jacket. But I think I read somewhere that that is obsolete and the 2 formal nights are the only ones where a jacket is needed. Would love to not take that extra jacket if it's not needed. Could you please tell me?

Condolences on the PCD....I hear it's not fatal, but sure feels like it at the time <g>. And thanks again for sharing your cruise with us!

Carol

Jen, I'm a little blurring-eyed this morning because I sat up late last night enjoying every moment (well, except for embarcation!) of your Mariner cruise! Thank you so much.

We are sailing on her very soon now and I have a question about the dinner dress code. Printed information says there is one "semi-formal" night, suggesting men wear a jacket. But I think I read somewhere that that is obsolete and the 2 formal nights are the only ones where a jacket is needed. Would love to not take that extra jacket if it's not needed. Could you please tell me?

Condolences on the PCD....I hear it's not fatal, but sure feels like it at the time <g>. And thanks again for sharing your cruise with us!

Carol

Thank you sooooooooo much for reading the entire review.

I KNOW !!!! How much of a pain in the tush was that embarkation???? :D

Our tablemate, Norman, also remarked how he didn't like the photo lady and asked her a few hundered times to just take the photo regardless of where he dropped his luggage! :) Tooo funny!

Please please please do NOT take that extra jacket! In fact, we just took one suit (two shirts and two ties) for Naren. The semi formal night - as the compass put it - just really meant wear a long sleeeved shirt. So Naren wore a long sleeved dress shirt, no tie, and docker slacks. He fit right in. And he wore his $40 faux dress shoes. It seemed this was the norm :)

The PCD is treatable, but costly.

Thankfully our next cruise is just a few months away in November.

I hope you get a nap today. Thanks again for reading the entire thing!

Jen: What a wonderful review and the pictures were great ..We love the Mariner and will be sailing on her Dec. 10th for the 3rd time in our first ever (provided by the upgrade fairy) Grand Suite! Maybe one day we will cruise together...Later, Jill:cool:

Hi ! :)

We're always looking for more Lunitiks! Perhaps you could join us - Liberty 9/1/07?

Thanks for reading the review. I do hope you enjoyed it. The pics were great. Some extra blackmail material for the Maniacs! :)

Thank you so much, Jen, for the warm response and information! I'll pass your advice along to our cruising buddies! I keep thinking there was something else I wanted to ask, but just can't remember right now. When I do, I knock on your door again if you don't mind.

Mariner, here we come!

Carol

I hope you do!!!!! :)

I hate it when that happens, I know there is something I want to ask, but Uggggggh ... I totally forget when I get the chance!!! :mad:

LOL, no prob. I check this thread for questions, so just post it here when it comes to you :)

Archived