Mariner of the Seas - Sep 3, 2006 - Mariner Maniacs!

lephysteria

Great review Jen. I almost want to take a copy of it with me when I go in 2 weeks so I know what to order on the menu!!!

Two questions, what are rum jumbies? Was crazy hat night and pajama party night something your cruise critic group came up with or the ship? If it was the ship, where did you find out about this?

Thanks

Sorry to forget to answer your first question :)

Rum Jumbies is Rum Jumbie .... its a rum that's made in St. Maarten. It's sooo smooth, its almost like drinking water.

The rum comes in the original spice rum flavor, or you can get it in a flavored splash. The Vanilla splash is the best rum I've ever had, and we buy many bottles when we're down there. Every cruise we take, we always bring Rum Jumbie back with us :)

I hope you get a chance to taste it. It is sooo good! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, read your reviews and your pictures are great! I can really tell you had a wonderful and fun time...we can't wait to sail the Mariner on 10/29! I noticed that you made mention of a few "theme" nights...pj party, funny hat nite, etc. Was that something the cruiseline sponsored or just your Mariner Maniacs did? Thanks again..

It was something the Maniacs thought of all by ourselves.

We didn't exclude others, but certainly had our own itinerary for activities through the week :)

Thanks for looking at the review :)

We had a great time. The Mariner is an awesome ship :)

• 1 month later...

Someone had emailed me asking about themed nights.

Again, this wasn't a cruiseline sponsored event. We all sort of collectively planned the entire trip.

There were other fun loving cruisers on our trip, so even if you sail on the Mariner without the Maniacs, you still should have a great time! :)

Archived