Baja deck on star princess

boz

We will be sailing on the star in November and purchased a balcony B-427 on the Baja deck. This is our first balcony room. Would like any input on the room, privacy of balcony, if this is one of the rooms that was damaged in the fire, any helpful hints, thanks

I like Baja deck. Sailed on the Star in B242 last year and it was great. The balcony is smaller than those on Caribe, but it's completely covered, so noone can see down on you. Private, very nice! I prefer the privacy, and enjoyed every minute of it! Also the Baja deck is only 2 flights down from the buffets and very close to the theatre too. I loved the location. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the 2 of you to respond to my thread. We are sooo looking forward to this cruise. DH is gonna go diving, not me, no way. We have only cruised on the Princess and love the buffet, tried the dining rooms and it wasn't us. We take all our meals at the buffet and found it to be the ideal place to eat! Can't wait for our cruise(Nov.25 2006) outa Ft. Lauderdale. This will be our third cruise on Princess, 2nd on Star, and we found everone to be wonderful!! We liked the laid-back attitude the line gives us., letting us choose what we want to do! Thanks again for the info!

Aloha deck can't look down on you. You can look down on half of the caribe and all of the dolphin deck balconies. However they both can look up at all off the decks.

I've never sailed with Princess and just recently booked the Crown with a BF guarantee. I have been trying to find out about the balconies on this ship. Do you know if what you said above is true of all Princess ships? Since I'm guaranteed Baja or better I'm hoping that we get the private type balcony you're describing. Thanks for the info!

I've never sailed with Princess and just recently booked the Crown with a BF guarantee. I have been trying to find out about the balconies on this ship. Do you know if what you said above is true of all Princess ships? Since I'm guaranteed Baja or better I'm hoping that we get the private type balcony you're describing. Thanks for the info!

All grand class balconies are the same. If I were you I would hope for the caribe deck it's the best of both worlds. Half covered and half uncovered making the balconies twice as big.

I agree with CJH -- Caribe deck is terrific. We sailed on the Star and Golden and were on the Baja deck, which is also quite good, but the balconies are smaller and are completely covered. The Dolphin deck is primarily mini suites and the balconies are completely exposed. When I sail on the Grand class ships, I always look for a Caribe deck first, with the Baja as second choice. I do not like the Dolphin balconies!!

We will be sailing on the star in November and purchased a balcony B-427 on the Baja deck. This is our first balcony room. Would like any input on the room, privacy of balcony, if this is one of the rooms that was damaged in the fire, any helpful hints, thanks

I had posted earlier regarding a BF guarantee on the Crown and today we got an upgrade notice. We got upgraded from a BF to a BA and actually got C427, on the Caribe deck. So, do you know if your B-427 is right near the elevators like ours? If so I'm hoping you can give me a update when you take your cruise, or have you heard anything about these rooms already? I'm worried about the noise the elevators might create. This will be our first balcony also and from what people have posted on here I think we might have lucked out with our upgrade. Any comments about the room assignment would be appreciated. Thanks,

From the look of the deck plan, our room is right by the elevators. Past cruising on the Star and Golden, we never heard noise outside our rooms from people walking by. Originally, we had a guarantee for a balcony on the Emerald deck, but was upgraded to the Baja deck. We're both pretty heavy sleepers, but I'll report back after our cruise and let you know.

We have had 2 cabins very near the elevator and never heard any elevator noise, though sometimes we heard people talking loudly in the hallways. On the 'Grand' class Princess ships, the elevators are actually in a lobby area that the staircases feed into and the cabin hallways are separate from this, adjoined through a doorway. So your cabin will not open up to the elevator/staircase lobby area directly. I think this design limits the noise transfer.

Hope this helps,

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Boz,

I was on the CB in room B429, great room, great balcony. I hope that helps a little.

Baja deck is our favorite cabin location. On "grand" class ships, there are no public areas on this deck, so there is little foot traffic other than those whose staterooms are on Baja.

DH and I also like Baja because it is "half way" up the stairs from the Atrium - shops, dining rooms, lounges, etc. :) and "half way" down the stairs from outdoor activities like pools, sun, Horizon Court, pizza, etc. :)

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived