Extended Balcony Room vs Std Balcony Rm

Hogladyrider

Since I know what a wealth of information is out there on these boards I'm seeking some information.

Have narrowed down Sept 2007 cruise to either Glory or Legend. Have sailed Glory.

Was looking to try Legend to try and extended Balcony room. Looking for what thoughts the experienced cruisers have pertaining to this option.

We had a balcony room on Glory and we are HOOKED. We do spend quite a bit of time out on the balcony, morning, noon and night.

I've searched the boards and found some photos of the extended balcony and I understand there is only 2' difference.

If you have had an extended balcony would you request one again? Does anyone know if there is an upgrade charge for extended balcony or is there a chance if you booked a balcony guarantee room that you will get a room with an extended balcony.

We are booked on Elation this coming Jan. only becuase we want to travel to those ports and try a 5 day cruise, I wish the smaller ships had balcony rooms other than suites.........but any cruise is better than no cruise.:)

Thanks for the link, I appreciate all the info, thanks to for such great cruise critic buddies.

So how did you like your extended balcony? From the photos I saw it looks like there is definitely less sun and from the photos the balcony seems to be more closed in.

I definitely don't think I'd pay extra for one and I am sure my PVP would provide us with a PG upgrade.

Thanks again.........Susan

From what I gathered... the Cat 8I (Panarama Deck) are the shadiest and darkest. I decided to select an extended balcony one level down on the Verandah deck, Cat 8G. I won't have that big overhang protruding out right above me like I would on the Panarama deck.

If you are referring to the photo I posted, yep - it was on the Panarama deck and there was a huge overhang! For that reason (along with the sounds of Lido deck chairs being dragged and slammed late at night and WAY too early in the morning!) we are going down a deck to the Verandah deck for our Spirit cruise! Sticking with the extended balcony because we spent a lot of relaxing times there! (And for a mere $20 for an 8 day cruise, well worth it IMO!) ;)

IMG_1192.jpg

We had an 8I on the Legend and it really wasn't that much different. We did have one lounge chair out there but it made things a bit crowded. As mentioned above, there was noise from the deck above when furniture was being moved so we have booked a deck between two other passenger decks for our upcoming Miracle cruise.

I would not pay more for an extended balcony. I would definitely be careful to make sure you are bumped out and not bumped in though. We had an extended balcony but we couldn't see anything to our right since we were bumped in and the cabin right next door was out. The extended balcony was 2 feet deeper - not much.

Still 50% more balcony space... that could come in very handily for some serious boinking...:D

The trick is to select the location of the extended balcony you want... I would think in the middle of the extended balconies would be the best.

I don't think I would like a cabin next to the other cabins that protrude out... unless I only liked shade ( My Dad's wife would love this... nono8.gif )

Archived