Aqua Palms/ResortQuest Waikiki Circle

rlkubi

I'm trying to decide which hotel to go with for our pre-cruise stay in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations? I think the room would be better in Aqua Palms but the view would be better at ResortQuest. Thank you for your input!:)

We loved our stay at the Aqua Palms this past June. We had a great view of Diamond Head and a decent view of Waikiki beach from the lanai of our 9th floor end room (actually the end room farthest from the beach..but it had the best view and little noise because we were the end room on that floor). I hear now that there has been an increase in the construction going on across the street at the Hilton Hawaiian Village so there may be more construction noise than I remember. However, our room was actually opposite the entry area of HHV and the construction was a bit further down so there was not a noise issue at all from our room. The bed was very comfortable and I slept soundly...nothing disturbed me. However, I have read that there is construction going on almost everywhere on Waikiki right now so it will be hard to escape. The Aqua Palms was very clean and nicely decorated and, if you specifically ASK for it when making reservations they include a continental breakfast consisting of a danish or muffin, yogurt, and a can of sweet fruit drink or bottled water. The breakfast is available delivered to your room at the time you pick or for pick-up at the front desk on days you want to get gong early. There is also a coffee maker with decent 10% Kona Coffe blend packs in your room or ready-made in the lobby. There is also a small fridge, microwave and safe in your room, plus a DVD player (but you will need to bring your own DVD's or find someplace to rent). There is also a very good and reasonablypriced coffee shop right next door that will give you a 10% discount if you show them your room key. We had a great couple day stay there and would highly recommend it. You are really close to all the Waikiki action, but not in the heart of it, and it is a convenient place to catch The Bus or to walk to the Ala Moana Shopping Center. We also caught a bus to Pearl Harbor from there and also to Diamond Head. We walked to Waikiki beach through the Hilton Hawaiian Village or down the street beside it (Ala Moana Blvd.) and it was very easy.

Lambs2,

Thanks for the great description of your stay at the Aqua Palms. I am looking to book there for our precruise next June. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. How was your room rate? Did you book through them directly? Thanks again for your input.

Dimarie

I am staying them next April, mostly because of lambs2!!

We have a rate for one night of $121 with all taxes. Although I booked it around 60 days ago the charge for the one night just hit my credit card yesterday. I wrote Aqua Palms to check it out and they said that is their standard policy (you can get your money back if you cancel within 72 hours), that they had just been very behind on doing their charges. Lydia of Ohio

I just booked a room for four nights at the Aqua Palms through Discount Hotels Hawaii (not sure if I am allowed to include the link?).

I booked for Oct 14th -18th and it was $75/night plus 11% tax.

Awesome price......

Lambs2,

Thanks for the great description of your stay at the Aqua Palms. I am looking to book there for our precruise next June. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. How was your room rate? Did you book through them directly? Thanks again for your input.

Dimarie

We booked directly through the hotel after checking on the price through Travelocity. We specifically requsted a room with a king-sized bed, lanai with chairs, and good view of Diamond Head and beach plus the continental breakfast each morning. I believe they call this their Superior Ocean View. We paid a total (including all taxes) of $150. per night at the beginning of June.

Thanks lambs2. This hotel sounds like just the one I'm looking for.

Dimarie

If you book with them be sure and ask that that the free continental breakfast be included. I don't believe it is standard for everyone, but you can get it if you specifically ask for it!

Archived