Legend 9/9 After Hours

aLiTo

Well i was planning writting a review but after reading the wonderful one that fiestacruiser did there is honestly not much to say. The only comment i have is that if you are a non-us passenger, everything is more dificult. In the line for the check in, americans were moving at a rate of one a minute and non-us were moving at one every no less than 7 minutes. I paid 1600 dollars for my cabin i think is deserve at least the same treatment than someone that paid 600 did right? Same thing when we disembarked we (the illegals) couldn't even make use of the self assist program.

Those were the only things that really annoyed me. The rest of the cruise was just like fiestacruiser said. Smooth and beautifull with an extra free day.

PS, I loved the cheap drinks and really made use of them.

The offer in dance was a little poor for me, lots of (like the comedian said) crap... i mean rap. Little of real nice music to dance, only two hours in the whole cruise were latin music and instead of playing nice salsa songs he played half bachatas...and there is where the dance floor got empty.

Well after my little comment the idea of this tread is to keep in touch with the fun people of the fun ship. In my particular case i went to the cruise by myself and was a little worried that that wasn't going to work out. But first day (on the line) i met this wonderful couple that made my life a lot easier (thank you paula and noel), then on the second night after the formal gala i met the people from my dinning table, velvet, anishia (or something like that), Tim, Doug and Victor. At first i was shy on the table, but they managed to make me feel like i was there the night before so pretty soon we were making jokes and having fun making the people from the table next to us feel envy of the good times we were having. Then i joined paula and noel and everything worked like charm. Like i said in the toast, thank you guys! without this wonderful group my vacation wouln't have been a quater of the fun they were.

I don't want to forget to mention the Wonderful couple of great dancers i met in the ship and i had the honor of dance with one of them (of course it was the lady) thank you for being so nice with me. And at last the puertorican girl that i danced salsa and merengue with in medusa (wonderful dancer, a shame that the boyfriend couldn't follow her)

Well people, if you have something to say about anyone i guess this is the place, i had a lot of fun and i didn't want it to end that's the reason for this tread.

Hope to see you all soon. And some of you even sooner in Brooklyn or Boston

I'm with you on the Rap.........non is too much for me. I'm glad you got some dancing in. Glad you had a good time overall. Sorry about the slowness of getting on and off for non us citizens. Would it work the same way if US citizens were boarding in Canda?

Everyone's probably tired and recovering or done with the boards. Don't take it personally.

I cruised solo and met some wonderful Aussies that really made the trip fun and made me feel so welcomed, but they were also treated very poorly in all of the lines, almost criminally in Hawaii before they got to Alaska. None that I talked to would cruise in the US again.

If you cruise again, get business cards made with your Email so people can keep in touch. I do find that once they're done with the cruises, most people drop off the boards.

Hi Alito, it's grandsix. It was nice to see someone who enjoys ballroom dancing. You are a real good dancer and we are sure you will continue to enjoy dancing. It is also tough to travel alone and you have to get credit as there a not too many single guys who try it. So congradulations............ We were also hoping for a lot more salsa and merenge. Dancing to all types of music is a great way to keep the weight down after eating a lot. You have to admit the disco was hopping every night.

It's not Carnival's fault about the boarding, and debarking... that's Immigration and is required... It's the same if someone from the US goes to another country... doesn't matter how much you paid for any cruise, you have to go through the process... on any cruise ship :o

If you enjoy latin music, I hear they have quite a bit on the Destiny out of San Juan...

GrandSix:

Well thank you for the good dancer thing... i don't know about that but i do enjoy dancing a lot! You two are very good dancers and was very enjoyable watching you move your feet. Yep the disco was hoping... but not with music! LOL.

Goincruisin:

Yes i understand that, but they had two desks for check in for non-us, and like 25 for Us... is that fair? i don't think thats the government fault my friend, Thanks for the tip of the destiny.

Fiestacruiser:

Yep i had fun! thats a fact! question... is there any way to get the dvd after leaving the ship? and if there is... how much is it?

Tim:

Shut up! i don't like you either but... is usefull to have someone big arround just in case i get in trouble (hehe!)

Well fiestacruiser, that would be great!!! thanks a lot! how do we do?

Joannajpm: Well yes there is some decent dancing, not much tough... the ballroom classes that i was really looking forward to were horrible... like half an hour and the quality of the teachers was really bad. The worst problem is not find the music to dance on the ship, the problem is to find the partner that know what is doing, thank god that at least i got to dance with one very good partner, thanks grandsix.

Dear Alito,

Thank you so much for the reply... I know your frustration but I am lucky to have my partner with me. My fellow dancemates on the other hand are solo. So, I can tell them that their is music (rumba, salsa, etc.) but they will have to fine a dance partner. I have always happy to share mine but that is not enought for someone that loves to dance. I am sure that you know the feeling. Yes, I agree with you, we have found that the dance teachers are not always up to par. Many times I have found that they asked for my help. Especially on Celebrity cruises.

Thanks again and ahppy dancing

Joannajpm

Fiestacruiser: my email is alebouza@gmail.com thanks very very much for this.

Johanna: Nothing to thank me, i really hope you have a great time. A little tip to the DJ will probably help... lol

Grandsix: Yes i agree with you, i was thinking since we got one extra day about going to talk to the cruise director to see if they wanted to arrange a new dance class for the last day, but i felt funny and i didn't later i regreted... same thing with the "talent show"...

Goincruisin:

Yes i understand that, but they had two desks for check in for non-us, and like 25 for Us... is that fair? i don't think thats the government fault my friend, Thanks for the tip of the destiny.

It wouldn't seem fair if the majority of the people boarding were from outside the US... but I'm guessing that wasn't the case. If around 10% of the passengers were from outside the US, then the number of check ins were appropriate. If I were cruising from an embarkation point outside the US, I would expect the same... When you are doing any sort of travel outside your home country, you can expect delays, things don't always run smoothly. And yes, Immigration has alot to do with the hold ups. I'm not sure why anyone would expect them to have the same number of check in desks for non-US citizens as US citizens, when leaving from a US port.

It wouldn't seem fair if the majority of the people boarding were from outside the US... but I'm guessing that wasn't the case. If around 10% of the passengers were from outside the US, then the number of check ins were appropriate. If I were cruising from an embarkation point outside the US, I would expect the same... When you are doing any sort of travel outside your home country, you can expect delays, things don't always run smoothly. And yes, Immigration has alot to do with the hold ups. I'm not sure why anyone would expect them to have the same number of check in desks for non-US citizens as US citizens, when leaving from a US port.

First of all i don't think that 10% of the passengers were from outside US, second of all. This is not inmigration this is a private company who charged me the same (or more in my case bc i traveled alone) than what many americans pay. And please tell me where i said that there should be the same ammount of desks for americans than for non-americans bc i cant find where i said that. What is say is that since the Check in in the ship is managed by Carnival the TIME spent by an american or a non-us passenger to board the ship should be the same. In an airport, and my guess is that you have been in one... leaving the us takes the same time for a non-us citizen than for a us citizen.

When i asked the person that told me to wait why it was taking so long she said "Because not everyone in the desks knows what to do with non-us, only two of them" I am sure thats inmigrations fault... ;) right?

First of all i don't think that 10% of the passengers were from outside US, second of all. This is not inmigration this is a private company who charged me the same (or more in my case bc i traveled alone) than what many americans pay. And please tell me where i said that there should be the same ammount of desks for americans than for non-americans bc i cant find where i said that. What is say is that since the Check in in the ship is managed by Carnival the TIME spent by an american or a non-us passenger to board the ship should be the same. In an airport, and my guess is that you have been in one... leaving the us takes the same time for a non-us citizen than for a us citizen.

When i asked the person that told me to wait why it was taking so long she said "Because not everyone in the desks knows what to do with non-us, only two of them" I am sure thats inmigrations fault... ;) right?

WOW! You might should see an exterminator for that bug :p

As for the airport, yes, I feel like I live in them... and when flying International, you are asked to arrive even earlier, and yes, check in has taken longer due to customs and Immigration. It is great that you haven't experienced that. I don't blame the airline, I don't blame anyone actually... that is what I (meaning ME, the person who CHOSE to make the arrangements) has to deal with to fly to an International location. Just because someone else paid the same amount for the flight doesn't mean I have the right to complain... I have never seen that any of us have the right to a quicker and speedier embarkation based on the amount we paid. Anyone that embarks in a US port, as a non US citizen, should know that they are going to have to undergo a few more processes... some people take it with a grain of salt... some people, well... they walk away with a bug in their bum :D

May be you should re read my message, and aswer taking in consideration the whole thing... not only the little ones that you can use to make your point :p

I have traveled many many many times... and when leaving a country the check in is no different if you are or not from the country. Inmigrations is different and is understandable of course. What i complain about the debarkation was that was deorganized and not well managed for non-us people. Regardles that inmigration took longer. They told us to be at billies lounge at 4, and we had no news or communication from the crew until 5.30... i am sure that was customs fault right?

Really? you've never seen that someone has the right to board sooner bc they paid more? you should check VIP check in then... Or the special lanes in the airport called business that are always empty (and before you say it, i know you can use those if you are a very frequent flyer too)

And again, i am not saying that i should get faster bc i paid more, i am just saying that i should get the SAME, wich in carnival words i didnt get because the people at the desks did not know what to do...:rolleyes:

Saludos y exitos :cool:

May be you should re read my message, and aswer taking in consideration the whole thing... not only the little ones that you can use to make your point

I have traveled many many many times... and when leaving a country the check in is no different if you are or not from the country. Inmigrations is different and is understandable of course. What i complain about the debarkation was that was deorganized and not well managed for non-us people. Regardles that inmigration took longer. They told us to be at billies lounge at 4, and we had no news or communication from the crew until 5.30... i am sure that was customs fault right?

Really? you've never seen that someone has the right to board sooner bc they paid more? you should check VIP check in then... Or the special lanes in the airport called business that are always empty (and before you say it, i know you can use those if you are a very frequent flyer too)

And again, i am not saying that i should get faster bc i paid more, i am just saying that i should get the SAME, wich in carnival words i didnt get because the people at the desks did not know what to do...:rolleyes:

Saludos y exitos :cool:

Don't get so upset!! I can't understand you when you are angry :D

I was referring to your check in, not debarkation... both are longer for non US citizens, period... And YES< the airlines DO request you arrive earlier for International flights... And NO, you are not treated differently on airlines because you PAID more... if you book a first class flight, you are treated like other first class passengers and get on first, but that is because you booked a DIFFERENT category (same as if you booked a suite on Carnival, you get to check in first)... but no, in general, just because a person paid more for the EXACT SAME thing, they don't get priority... unless you specifically purchased a first/business class seat, a suite on Carnival, etc. You have to compare apples to apples, not bananas :D

I don't think you would have seen anything differently had they known what to do... there will be much fewer check ins for NON US citizens at US ports, regardless of whether they know what they are doing or not... I find it hard to believe that someone who worked for Carnival would say this... are you sure this wasn't someone who worked for port authority?? Nevermind, don't answer... I'm done too :D

Archived