Star: Laptop use, skeetshoot?

jenlynmc

We are going on our first cruise on the NCL Sun in Sept. I've been reading the posts and find them very helpful! If I bring a laptop with a Wi-fi card, will I be able to pick up a signal in the cabin and can they find a way to charge us for it? Also, is there any kind of skeetshooting onboard? One guide I read referred to it, but I haven't found it in any literature. Thanks so much! :D

If you will be on the Star (you also mention the Sun), then I can tell you that our friend took a laptop and had to go to the Internet Café to use it. As for the skeet shooting, we were not aware of anything like that.

I returned from the Star today. Your 802.11 modem will not attach to their signal, you must rent a special card and then access is only in the public areas of the ship. you cannot recieve a signal in any of the rooms.

When I read this thread, it brought a smile to my face. My very first cruise was on NCL Seward, W. Carib, I have pictures of my friend Denise holding the shotgun shooting at the clay pigeons being launched off of the back of the ship! I think all cruise lines have stopped this practice probably for safety and environmental reasons.

I was recently on POA, everyone with WiFi was in the internet cafe area, I don't believe you could get a signal in your room.

Archived