Just returned from the Conquest

Crichard

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice. We had a wonderful cruise. The kids had a good time. The swim with the dophins was an unforgetable experience. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Only real complaint was the activities from Camp Carnival. My 13 year old loved the teen activities, but the activities for the 9-11 year olds were directed to girls. My son hated it. We had to make a few changes in our plans to be sure he had a good time. If you have a girl in this age group, she will have fun, boys will not be happy.

Cathy

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice. We had a wonderful cruise. The kids had a good time. The swim with the dophins was an unforgetable experience. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Only real complaint was the activities from Camp Carnival. My 13 year old loved the teen activities, but the activities for the 9-11 year olds were directed to girls. My son hated it. We had to make a few changes in our plans to be sure he had a good time. If you have a girl in this age group, she will have fun, boys will not be happy.

Cathy

Hi Cathy and thanks for the info. We are sailing with a 10 year old boy and may now have to change some plans. He has sailed before and did well in the camp....but everytime is different. Did you book your dolphin swim in advance or with carnival..We want to do that one and aren't sure how to book...thanks Sharon

My 9 yo boy loved camp carnival and all it's activities......there were a lot more girls that attended, but the activities were definitely both for boys and girls. We were on the Paradise, not sure if the specific camp staff makes a difference....but just wanted people to know that we had a great camp experience. My 12 y.o. boy wasn't interested in the activities at all - but I think my son didn't give it a chance....he was more interested in "hanging out" with the friends that he met than attending camp.

Glad you had fun with the dolphins though....that is one excursion I wish we had done!

We did the Dolphin swim through the ship. Next time we will book through Dolphin cove directly. It is a lot less. You can catch a cab at the dock for $6 for a family of four. The cove is in a park like 5 minutes from the pier. It is in really nice park. There are lockers for you stuff. We brought our own snorkle stuff. Glad we did. They did not clean their's very well. Suggestion - you only need the mask and tube, the fins can not go in the water with the dolphins. THey give you life jackets. There is a great video the do for like $30. Bargin for the price if you are buying pictures also.

I would really look up the Dophin Cove web site, it will save you alot of money. We spent the day at the park. We rented life jackets to snorkle after our swim was over. They do a great job at the park. You can also swim with the seals if you schedule ahead of time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cathy

PS Each ship has a different Camp Carnival. Those of us with boys complained about the activities. Maybe when you go, they will have changed it. Our son still had a great time, but we had hoped for a few mom and dad evenings that we did not get.

Archived