Carnival Site "My Reservation" question?

BCMom

Snowball,

No you are more likely to get an upgrade with an IS,because they can put you anywhere on the ship but going from a 4a to a 4d is not an upgrade in my mind.Booking an IS, does not allow you to choose the room. I prefer to book IS myself. There are certian rooms that are bad,they now call them night owl rooms or something like that because they are over the disco on some ships. In my prior reply, I was just letting the other poster know that they can choose their room (to be safe) if they actually paid for a 4a,which we now know is not the case.

Rlbissett,

1a is not always an upper and lower.That is the case on the older ships.The 1a on the newer ships like the Pride is 2 lowers that can be combined.

Steve

I have been checking my reservation everyday using the method Steve shared with us below!! Nothing .....until today! We have a cabin assignment! U216 (4C)....I was pretty excited to see a cabin listed. Anybody have experience with the upper deck of the Elation? I checked out the deck plans and it is in the far back of the ship....but I think maybe engine noise won't be such a problem on the upper deck??? I appreciate any thoughts you have on this! I understand that our cabin can still change up until the day we sail! It is still exciting to see a number listed instead of TBA!!

Lexi :D

So does this really work?? I am booked guarantee and tried this little thing and it shows a cabin number....should I trust that this will be our cabin? Has this worked for anyone? What happens if you hit the edit button on the side and make a change? Do you get charged for it?

Steven

So does this really work?? I am booked guarantee and tried this little thing and it shows a cabin number....should I trust that this will be our cabin?

I was skeptical myself, so I didn't want to be so bold as to put the cabin number it said on my tags. But sure enough, when I got to the peir, it was, in fact, my cabin number.

So does this really work?? I am booked guarantee and tried this little thing and it shows a cabin number....should I trust that this will be our cabin? Has this worked for anyone? What happens if you hit the edit button on the side and make a change? Do you get charged for it?

Steven

As you have seen, it gives your cabin number and if you are booked thru CCL you can edit it,if you booked elsewhere it will give you an error. When you do edit a price list pops up and those are the prices for any changes you want.This is the virtual agent of CCL to save on man power.If your cabin changes at a later date, you have been upgraded again!!!

Steve

Jeez - that's really late! We have a guarantee for my next 2 cruises (first time I ever booked a guarantee), and it is driving me crazy not knowing where I'll be. I hope my cabins are assigned soon before I have a nervous breakdown! :eek: :D

I booked directly through carnival then transferred my reservation to a local TA for advise and such! Lexi :p

Hi Lexi. Completely off-topic here, but I'm just curious. Didn't you know you can get all the advice, chat about anything that concerns you, etc. with your Carnival PVP? I talk w/my PVP several times before each cruise. They're there for much more than just booking a cruise.:)

Hi Lexi. Completely off-topic here, but I'm just curious. Didn't you know you can get all the advice, chat about anything that concerns you, etc. with your Carnival PVP? I talk w/my PVP several times before each cruise. They're there for much more than just booking a cruise.:)

Thanks Cotton!! I figured that out once I had already transferred my reservation! lol I had never booked a cruise before...the only other cruise I have taken...I just showed up!! My parents had taken care of all the details. Now I wish I had not transferred my reservation because I can never get in touch with the TA I transferred to! And when I call my PVP they can't help my any more with details because I transferred my reservation! Oh well....live and learn! :p But these boards are awesome for so much information. I am constantly on these boards checking everything out. :D I am grateful to all the CCers sharing such valuable information!

Hi I am curious to find out what everyone has posted on their stateroom details for their booked cruises. We are booked in a guarantee cabin category and in the "My Reservation" details the picture shows an inside cabin...when I click on the "Stateroom Details" it explains inside stateroom..category 4A, 4B,4C,4D and 4E, etc. When we sailed on our Hawaii cruise in a guarantee cabin cateogory it showed NO picture and stated TBA or Not available..hmm.. would they have assigned us an inside stateroom this early on? Our cruise is not until November 14th on the Miracle out of Tampa...anyone else on guarantees with a pic showing the cabin category as the guarantee one booked? or does it just state "Not available" or TBA? Just curious...thanks for any help....

Just wanted to report to the original poster that I have just returned from the Sensation ... we booked a 5A guarantee, but our "My Reservation" also showed an inside stateroom (4A-4E). I was worried they had inadvertently booked us into an inside room even though all our confirmations said 5A guarantee. However, not to worry. I checked the reservation page as recently as the day before sailing and it still showed the inside picture, but we did in fact end up in an oceanview (6B) cabin.

I too went into the book modify section and it stated that I paid about $170 more than I actually did, and it also states that I have a 5A category, but I really have a 7A. What the heck?

:confused: I have a quick question. I went and checked my reservation from the link above, and it has a balance due of $170.00 to be paid before august 8. I have made my final payment, and already have got my reciept that says "balance due -0-.Why is this?? :confused: :confused:

Most likely your TA is going to make a little interest on your money by holding it until the actual due date. Nothing wrong with that as long as it gets paid on time.

Whenever i go to carnival.com and try to add a reservation, it comes up with an error and says that my reservation information does not match. Our TA said it's just because we booked guarantee, but we booked about 2 months ago for in january and my worry is that i feel i should be getting a TBA, not an error..what could be wrong??

jncissel, are you booked with a group? If you are, your booking number is the same as the group, so it won't show up.... is your cruise paid in full (I'm not sure if that has an impact, I would assume it does?)...

I think my TA got us a good price by booking us in with a group. hmm.. that could be, but the TA gave us numbers to check on line with? Why would that be, but I'm guessing you are correct. I wonder then, since this is guarantee, and a group booking, are my chances at an upgrade lessened? thanx :)

anytime you have a guarantee, you have a chance for an upgrade... being in a group is not going to make a difference... there is always a chance... at least with a guarantee you won't be disappointed when you get to the port, because you know the minimum you will get, but there is always a chance of getting something better... it seems the upgrades are generally moving up a deck, which isn't a bad thing... but you never know!

Archived