Busy Getting Ready - Need Help!

cool cat

I am a very busy person. I'm trying my best to get everything done before my next cruise.

Just want to pick some brains out there. I'm still uncertain about a few things like...

Can I take along my own shampoo or must I use the complimentary shampoo supplied by Carnival?

I suffer from allergies and can only drink Kool-aid. Will I have any trouble getting my own very large container on board?

Which slot machines pay out the most money on formal night?

I have a beautiful faux 3 carat diamond ring. Can I wear it in the salt water pool? Maybe I should leave it at home.

I'm hoping to meet a nice single guy. Should I look in the piano bar??

Cruising Crazy:)

WELCOME to Cruise Critic !!!

I Can I take along my own shampoo or must I use the complimentary shampoo supplied by Carnival?

Yes, take your own, Wendy does this all the time, she uses alot of Conditioner

I suffer from allergies and can only drink Kool-aid. Will I have any trouble getting my own very large container on board?

No problem, just make sure you pack it in your checked luggage.

No such thing, these machines are regulated by a state and gaming board.

I have a beautiful faux 3 carat diamond ring. Can I wear it in the salt water pool? Maybe I should leave it at home.

Your fingers will shrink in Cold waters, a newly wed lost his ring while stuck under a cave in cabo, he almost died, He did loss his ring. Bring it but keep it in the Cabin Safe while in port.

Don't look in the Piano bar, the older crowd tend to hang out there, Carnival holds Singles meets, check the capers for those times.

About the faux diamond ring, i would not wear it in the salt water, being that the stone is synthetic the salt water may eat away at it, if it is silver metal based do not wear it in the salt water it will cause it to get a rusty reside.

Save it for formal night.

The shampoo carnival has in the dispenser is Dove.

If you find a slot machine that pays out, let me know!

Put your Kool-aid in plastic water bottles.

Depends apon your age, where you will find the single guys.

About the faux diamond ring, i would not wear it in the salt water, being that the stone is synthetic the salt water may eat away at it, if it is silver metal based do not wear it in the salt water it will cause it to get a rusty reside.

Save it for formal night.

The shampoo carnival has in the dispenser is Dove.

If you find a slot machine that pays out, let me know!

Put your Kool-aid in plastic water bottles.

Depends apon your age, where you will find the single guys.

good one...lol...dont know whether I laughed louder when I read your post, or when I read the replies ;)

Warning - sarcasm ahead.:rolleyes: :p :D

Can I take along my own shampoo or must I use the complimentary shampoo supplied by Carnival?

You must use what is provided. - Carnival confiscates all shampoo/conditioner that comes through their scanners.

Not at all - bring the 5 gallon cooler and the 5 lb containers of Kook-Aid powder and ask the steward to keep it filled with ice and water for you.

The ones with the lucky people sitting in front of them.

Leave it at home it could be mistaken for an engagement ring and therefore defeat the purpose of looking for a man.

Try the funnel deck - lots of guys lurking there. Be sure to check for wedding rings and white marks on their fingers though.

Yes I assumed this was written as a joke. :rolleyes: If not, OP please accept my apologies. :D

Warning - sarcasm ahead.

You must use what is provided. - Carnival confiscates all shampoo/conditioner that comes through their scanners.

Not at all - bring the 5 gallon cooler and the 5 lb containers of Kook-Aid powder and ask the steward to keep it filled with ice and water for you.

The ones with the lucky people sitting in front of them.

Leave it at home it could be mistaken for an engagement ring and therefore defeat the purpose of looking for a man.

Try the funnel deck - lots of guys lurking there. Be sure to check for wedding rings and white marks on their fingers though.

Yes I assumed this was written as a joke. :rolleyes: If not, OP please accept my apologies. :D

Donna, you crack me up. I think the OP was serious though...

vincenzo:)

Donna, you crack me up. I think the OP was serious though...

vincenzo:)

I put my disclaimer in there just in case. Some of that could be good advice though. Wearing a large ring while looking for a man and advertising for men on the funnel deck.:eek: I thought a little humor was needed this morning. :)

the piano bar is probalby the worst place to try and meet other singles, it is loud and noisy, plus there is a lot of smoke and older people. but you can me singles anywhere on the ship, just be friendly. talk you the nice person next to you at the bars or slots, say hello to people you see in the hallways and elevators. Remember a smile goes a long way!:D

The rest of the thread may be a joke but your comment about f-deck is so true, i enjoy sunning up there just to watch the nervous married men open the gate slowly and try to look as though they are not up there for any other reason except to try and catch a glimps of Cuba, meanwhile their wives have spotted them from below and start bellowing for them to "come dowm now!" or even better, the wife enters first, see's the topless bathers, turns around quickly and pushes their husband back down the stairs.

I think i go up there more for a good laugh than for a tan.

Archived