Digital picture question for those who have been to the Inside Passage Ports

morganrp

We will be on the Sapphire 8/8 and are wondering about downloading our digital pictures while in port. We don't really want to lug along a laptop and sounds like the ship photo shop is pricey and takes some time. We want to be able to download our memory card to a CD - is there any convenient place in Ketchikan, Juneau and/or Ketchikan to do this? Like a Wal-Mart of Walgreen? Suggestion appreciated!!

Thanks

Judy

Yes there is a walmart in Ketchikan and any number of photoshops or even cyber cafes that might be a good source for that. We just bought big cards for the camera and don't take max res. pics as they are too big to email or post.

I had my memory card downloaded to CD in Juneau and Sitka at camera shops with one hour photo developing. Both places allowed me to preview the burned cd before leaving the store so I was sure that I had my photos before wiping the memory card.

And you are right, the price was less than on board.

I appreciate your replies - trying to avoid spending a fortune on memory sticks - have a 16, a 64 and a 128, but last cruise took over 200 pictures. We are also taking along an instamatic camera that takes great pictures and has a good zoom lense. I figure I can have them printed and also put on cds when we get home.

Judy

I just returned from the Island Princess and they even did it on the ship, althought the cost was $14.95. I bet the same would be true on the Sapphire.

For those not doing the roundtrip and are going to Denali Princess there is a one hour photo right across the street that I used to transfer mine. I did not see one at McKinley Princess Lodge though.

PS. You will take MANY more pics than you think if you have never been before. We took almost 600 and I am finding things I wish I had now.

Archived