legend of the seas

referee

Hi guys.....I'm new to the RCL boards, having a very disappointing cruise last March on NCL to Hawaii....My wife and I were planning a cruise to the Western Caribbean this coming January, and have found some very good deals on the Legend of the Seas...We're both in our early sixties and have cruised about 10 times in the past.on RCL, carnival and NCL, having enjoyed Rcl the best. Can anyone give us some info on the Legend? any advice would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks....Referee

Have not sailed Legend but did sail her sister ship - Rhapsody (our first cruise) We also sailed Serenade last Nov. Really liked the smaller ship - did not feel crowded even tho was full. I would not however sail during any school breaks..... As you can see we are booked for Legend in November to Western Caribbean. There is one person who I am sure will show up with some info......

OH CAROL......WHERE ARE YOU ????

P.S. What was so terrible about your Hawaii cruise ? I can't imagine a cruise to Hawaii being bad :)

Texancruzer....It's been a long while since our kids are out of school....Is the 3rd week in jan. the start of spring break?..Our trip to hawaii is a long story, but we sailed on the Norwegian Wind, on an 11 day cruise....rained every day(not ncl fault) but the ship was old, not very well maintained, and very unstable..anyway, would like to know anything about the Legend, and grand cayman.....thanks...referee

Hi guys.....I'm new to the RCL boards, having a very disappointing cruise last March on NCL to Hawaii....My wife and I were planning a cruise to the Western Caribbean this coming January, and have found some very good deals on the Legend of the Seas...We're both in our early sixties and have cruised about 10 times in the past.on RCL, carnival and NCL, having enjoyed Rcl the best. Can anyone give us some info on the Legend? any advice would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks....Referee

Hi Referee,

My husband is 62..and I am 56...We have sailed twice on Legend of the Seas... From southampton.. to the Mediterranean. Having just returned last month from another 14 day cruise... which included our daughters and their boyfriends.. We had a truly wonderful time. Even better than our first cruise on her last year. The ship is really lovely and kept very well maintained. The crew can't do enough for you..and the food and facilities are excellent. The massive walls of glass..allow for loads of light and fantastic sea views.

Of course..having sailed 10 x on various ships..you will be comparing. It is always hard to predict how others will feel. But if you are going with the attitude that you want to enjoy yourselves...then you certainly will. Legend has a warm and inviting atmosphere..making you feel very much at home. And she is certainly a very stylish.. and attractive ship.

If you click on my signature... next to the photo of my little dog..you can access all the posts I have made.. and the threads I have been involved with. They are Mostly to do with Legend of the Seas. Lots of information will then become available. From many different sources. If you have any difficulties ...just let me know. Happy Sailing!..regards, Carol

Sailed on the Legend in August. She is still in very good shape.

The ship was full so we allways found the windjammer very busy.

We had been on the Brilliance in May so our son missed the sports court which the Legend does not have. It does have 18 hole putting course not in its prime, but it does make it more challenging. We thought the dining room was very nice and the service was good. No problem finding comfortable seats for the shows. New bedding was great.

Enjoyed the ship overall.

Stephen

referee: As my youngest is 22 - it has been a while since I have had one in school too..... I am pretty sure that you would be safe with the 3rd week in January as far as "breaks" go. Of course there are those places that have year round school calendar and break at the weirdest times.... I pretty much meant I would not go near Easter, spring break, summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas. We did sail Serenade the week AFTER Thanksgiving but since it left from San Juan I think alot of families forgo that one since it involves an expensive flight.

Grand Cayman we (dh and I) did on our first cruise on Rhapsody. We did a RCI tour to Stingray City and loved it !!! Know there is alot of hoopla now since Steve Irwins death but I did not feel unsafe at any time. I even held one !

This trip it will be my dd (29) and myself (50) and we are planning to do something different. Still going between 4X4 jeep tour w/snorkle or the Aquaboats and snorkle adventure.

Altho Grand Cayman is nice it is not one of my favorite islands... felt really crowded to me. Of course the beautiful water is the best feature so feel that some type of activity in or around that is your best bet. Even if it is only a glass bottom boat type tour......

I agree with Carol in that RCI does maintain its ships....and the crews are super !!

I am actually looking at perhaps booking a Dec 07 cruise on the Legend out of Dominican Republic while on my upcoming Nov. cruise. The itinerary has my interest peaked.... not the run of the mill ports....

Whatever you decide it will be great -- you'll be on vacation.

Have not sailed Legend but did sail her sister ship - Rhapsody (our first cruise) We also sailed Serenade last Nov. Really liked the smaller ship - did not feel crowded even tho was full. I would not however sail during any school breaks..... As you can see we are booked for Legend in November to Western Caribbean. There is one person who I am sure will show up with some info......

OH CAROL......WHERE ARE YOU ????

P.S. What was so terrible about your Hawaii cruise ? I can't imagine a cruise to Hawaii being bad :)

Hi Texan Cruiser..I must be getting old.. I didn't even notice my Name. Only picked up on it after I posted my reply. What a reputation I have...LOL...but it is certainly great to see people remember me..for whatever reason!! my job as legend Cheerleader..has become very easy these days...as more and more happy cruisers return from Legend and give glowing reports. she has had another fantastic summer season in the UK..and had many repeat cruisers like myself. As you might have picked up..we are sailing on her for a 3x..hopefully...in August 2007. Legend repositions in Rome...(Civitavecchia) for the summer. Sailing thru Greece..Turkey..Egypt.. Italy and Croatia. We are taking the Italian/Croatia cruise for 12 days. spending 2 days in Venice..and 2 in Livorno for Florence/Pisa. It is simply my dream..and I hope all goes well. Just to think..last year I was so very grateful to have one cruise to look forward to..now I am looking towards a third.

This years cruise was just brilliant. We have to sail in school holidays as my husband is a teacher. Although the ship was full for both of our cruises..including hundreds of kids of various ages..it was not a problem. Virtually all were well behaved. And the ship didn't feel overcrowded. We always stay up quite late..and have a stop on deck last thing at night.The only concern was for a group of teens this year...who roamed the pool deck and solarium area.. causing major problems..and getting into scrapes. Stopping the elevators..and running amuck. Security were always on the case... Even bringing in extra staff. But they continued to be mouthy and agressive. Security certainly had their hands full. It did settle things down. But my worry...These were quite tall and fit lads..not teeny boppers. I totally blame their parents. I Especially worried for the girls who were hanging out with them. They were several years younger. I could just imagine one of their mothers coming down against RC.. if anything happened to one of these girls.

The crew and staff worked magic... improving on what was already such a great cruise last year. Many little extras had been added..theme nights in the Windjammer...name tags on the table giving the waiters name. New menues. Music every night in the dining room. It really made a difference. We especially loved the new beds and bedding..so comfortable...and very sumptuous. The staff and crew were just fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble....and we had loads of laughs. My 21 year old daughters were along for their first cruise. They are identical twins....who choose to dress alike most days. A great source of interest.. and amusement onboard.. Especially at the security desk as we boarded and left the ship. Both seapass photos put on the screens..and security trying to spot a difference.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise in November..the time will fly by now. keep in touch. Regards, Carol

hi again guys.....thanks for all the help.....one more question.....we're trying to be as economical as possible for this cruise, yet still wanting an outside cabin..our choices are getting limited, with decks 6 and 3 mid ship still available.....my wife is prone to seasickness.....any thoughts on which deck would be better...thanks....referee

Rule of thumb...... mid ship and low down is best. We are also midship deck 3 in oceanview. Sailed on Rhapsody in almost the same cabin on our first. Sailed in a balcony on Serenade midship but on deck 9. I could definately feel more movement but not bad.

I used the patch on my first cruise and never once got nauseous.... just incredible dry mouth :eek: On my second cruise I took Bonine chewables with me as they came highly recommended. Never even used one :D Will do the same this upcoming cruise as I did not enjoy the dry mouth and have used the Bonine since (for deep sea fishing trips and worked just fine).

hi again guys.....thanks for all the help.....one more question.....we're trying to be as economical as possible for this cruise, yet still wanting an outside cabin..our choices are getting limited, with decks 6 and 3 mid ship still available.....my wife is prone to seasickness.....any thoughts on which deck would be better...thanks....referee

Referee .. I can certainly recommend Deck 3..as we have had 4 wonderful cabins on this deck. Last year we were a little bit forward... in cabin 3024..Large Ocean view. Very nicely decorated and good use of space. The windows are very large. I never closed my curtains..unless alongside a pier. As you opened the cabin door..the views of the sea...and the sunshine...just filled the room. The waves just roll by the window. In port all the beautiful scenery surrounds you. Just wonderful. When we were at anchor on the French Riviera... Our life boat was used as a tender. They lowered it right past our cabin window...and we could watch everyone coming and going. plus all the locals came in their yachts to have a look. Lots of fun.

Regarding motion..it is a great location. Last year we had lots of windy weather and very choppy seas. up to a force 9 gale the one day.. causing a lot of movement on the upper decks..which were closed off on the outside...and quite a lot of people seasick. In the cabin... we dressed for dinner with no problems. There was very little movement..and we were fine. This year we had very calm seas..but did have some occasional swells...as we hit some low pressure areas...causing a a fair bit of rocking. They were short lived..and didn't affect the cabin much at all.

Our cabins Last month.. were more midship. My daughters had 2 connecting cabins...along with their boyfriends. Cabins 3032/3034 they loved them.. and kept the door open which gave them masses of space. We were a few doors down in cabin 3038. The new bedding made these rooms look fantastic. Very sumptuous with loads of plump cushions. The TV's also had a swivel base added while we were onboard. So you could swivel them out to watch in bed.

Deck 3 is an ideal location..as you have elevators and stairs...at either end of the corridor. Turn left from your cabin....and the elevators go up to the forward deck areas..Press 9.. for the Windjammer Cafe entrance....Press 5.. you are at the Anchors Away Lounge entrance..(for the Captains cocktail party...and evening music ...daytime bingo etc) Also the back entrance to the centrum shopping boutiques. Press..4 and you are at the entrance to the That's Entertainment Theatre..for all the shows.

Turn Right from your cabin..a short distance.. and you are at the midship elevators...and stairs. Taking you to all the centrum area..and the 7 tier atrium. Press...4 and 5... for the dining room. 6.. Lattetudes and the photographers..7....Library and Games room...and 8.. The intenet station...and C & A Ambassador..(for booking future cruises.)

But Best of All...You only need to "WALK down" one flight of stairs here..and you are on deck 2...Where the gangway..and tender point are normally located. (sometimes it is on deck 1..or 4) just as easy. Those on higher decks often have problems getting a lift..or stand in crowds on the stairs.. trying to get off the ship.. * A tip here..don't rush off the ship in port..unless you have to meet up for an excursion. The crowds clear very quickly. Relax on deck..or with a coffee. After a fews minutes the chaos will be over..and you will have no delays...and wasted no time standing in line. Plus Saved a lot of tension...and still Not lost any time in port.

Walk "up" one flight of stairs .. from deck 3 center..and you are at the dining room...and champagne terrace area of the ship..the main hub! It couldn't be a better location imo. We loved it..and it is quiet at night. As there is nothing but cabins on this deck. In the end...I think whatever cabin you get will be great...but for value for money..and convenience..you can't beat deck 3. Regards, Carol

Hi Stephen,

I noticed that you went on the Legend from southampton, we are going on it on the 21 oct transalantic, was seh still in good shape, we went on her last year.

As going from southampton were there mostly british people or were there many Americans.

Ps did they have malt vinigar on board?

take care

carol

Sailed on the Legend in August. She is still in very good shape.

The ship was full so we allways found the windjammer very busy.

We had been on the Brilliance in May so our son missed the sports court which the Legend does not have. It does have 18 hole putting course not in its prime, but it does make it more challenging. We thought the dining room was very nice and the service was good. No problem finding comfortable seats for the shows. New bedding was great.

Enjoyed the ship overall.

Stephen

Hi,

Can you please tell me if cabin 3002 is at the same end as the W. cafe.

We have got this cabin in 1 months time.

many thanks

carol

Referee .. I can certainly recommend Deck 3..as we have had 4 wonderful cabins on this deck. Last year we were a little bit forward... in cabin 3024..Large Ocean view. Very nicely decorated and good use of space. The windows are very large. I never closed my curtains..unless alongside a pier. As you opened the cabin door..the views of the sea...and the sunshine...just filled the room. The waves just roll by the window. In port all the beautiful scenery surrounds you. Just wonderful. When we were at anchor on the French Riviera... Our life boat was used as a tender. They lowered it right past our cabin window...and we could watch everyone coming and going. plus all the locals came in their yachts to have a look. Lots of fun.

Regarding motion..it is a great location. Last year we had lots of windy weather and very choppy seas. up to a force 9 gale the one day.. causing a lot of movement on the upper decks..which were closed off on the outside...and quite a lot of people seasick. In the cabin... we dressed for dinner with no problems. There was very little movement..and we were fine. This year we had very calm seas..but did have some occasional swells...as we hit some low pressure areas...causing a a fair bit of rocking. They were short lived..and didn't affect the cabin much at all.

Our cabins Last month.. were more midship. My daughters had 2 connecting cabins...along with their boyfriends. Cabins 3032/3034 they loved them.. and kept the door open which gave them masses of space. We were a few doors down in cabin 3038. The new bedding made these rooms look fantastic. Very sumptuous with loads of plump cushions. The TV's also had a swivel base added while we were onboard. So you could swivel them out to watch in bed.

Deck 3 is an ideal location..as you have elevators and stairs...at either end of the corridor. Turn left from your cabin....and the elevators go up to the forward deck areas..Press 9.. for the Windjammer Cafe entrance....Press 5.. you are at the Anchors Away Lounge entrance..(for the Captains cocktail party...and evening music ...daytime bingo etc) Also the back entrance to the centrum shopping boutiques. Press..4 and you are at the entrance to the That's Entertainment Theatre..for all the shows.

Turn Right from your cabin..a short distance.. and you are at the midship elevators...and stairs. Taking you to all the centrum area..and the 7 tier atrium. Press...4 and 5... for the dining room. 6.. Lattetudes and the photographers..7....Library and Games room...and 8.. The intenet station...and C & A Ambassador..(for booking future cruises.)

But Best of All...You only need to "WALK down" one flight of stairs here..and you are on deck 2...Where the gangway..and tender point are normally located. (sometimes it is on deck 1..or 4) just as easy. Those on higher decks often have problems getting a lift..or stand in crowds on the stairs.. trying to get off the ship.. * A tip here..don't rush off the ship in port..unless you have to meet up for an excursion. The crowds clear very quickly. Relax on deck..or with a coffee. After a fews minutes the chaos will be over..and you will have no delays...and wasted no time standing in line. Plus Saved a lot of tension...and still Not lost any time in port.

Walk "up" one flight of stairs .. from deck 3 center..and you are at the dining room...and champagne terrace area of the ship..the main hub! It couldn't be a better location imo. We loved it..and it is quiet at night. As there is nothing but cabins on this deck. In the end...I think whatever cabin you get will be great...but for value for money..and convenience..you can't beat deck 3. Regards, Carol

Hi,

Can you please tell me if cabin 3002 is at the same end as the W. cafe.

We have got this cabin in 1 months time.

many thanks

carol

Hi Carol....Another Carol here.. You must be Very excited. Just one month till you sail. We have been home just 5 weeks tomorrow. Wish I could go again.It was just brilliant. I hope you have a fantastic cruise. If you enjoyed it last year..there should be no question!!

First of all..we thought Legend looked amazing this year..far better than last year. And we loved her then. We had our children along for their first cruise..so I was well pleased to find that even the outside of the ship had been painted. And work continued throughout the cruise.Standard polishing and cleaning...but the Pressure cleaning of the smokestack..the crown and anchor logo.. and the roof of the viking lounge/solarium area..was very interesting to watch. Those guys really had to do a balancing act. Even the shuffleboard game on deck.. was resurfaced and repainted.

The cabins looked brilliant with all the new covers..very stylish....A 100% improvement. and all 3 cabins were in excellent condition. No wear and tear at all...the sofas..and chairs in daughters connecting rooms..All the upholstery was in great shape. The cabins were Absolutely spotless..and kept that way by our steward Esniach from Nicaragua. A true gentleman. We never needed to ask for anything..it was always there already. The first night we had several large bags unable to fit under the bed...when we came back to the cabin.. they had been stowed for us.

We found many little touches on the ship..which we didn't see last cruise. New menues..in the dining room..and on the tables in the bars...showing all the drink prices. I loved the striped glasses..real glass..that you kept with certain cocktails. Alladin in the viking lounge...is a real charmer. If you meet him...tell him the twins and family send their love. Our daughters are identical twins.. They were along with their boyfriends..and he did lots of magic tricks for them.

We had Chino in the dining room...he was also loads of fun..All smiles! As were the waiters around our table. They loved the girls..made us all laugh. Quite a lively atmosphere compared to last year. where dinner was efficient..but not a lot of Fun. We had a young lady serving then. In fairness..the family we sat with were very reserved. The name of the waiter is on a little card on the table at dinner the first night. Which made it a lot easier to understand names.. with so many nationalities. Our assistant waiter was Antonio...another real gentleman. After night one..he remembered exactly what you liked. Even made the notoriously strong and bitter coffee..weaker for us. So we actually enjoyed it.

We had another retired German couple sitting with us this year.. who were personally very, very pleasant. We really liked them. We had some good times. The lady spoke a lot of English..and laughed a lot.The man just smiled all the time...and mumbled a little.. But Sadly, the gentleman complained at every meal. It really became embarassing.The waiters really had the patience of a saint. Trying everything to please this man...who was simply very spoiled. They had been on dozens of RC cruises...28 cruise credits..and many on Legend. which makes me wonder why he complains?? or why he comes back?? .

There were themed nights in the Windjammer cafe...Chinese..Italian..and Indian. With decorations..and a hostess in costume to greet you. Lots of prawns and shrimps on offer...as well as a bigger choice it seemed in the dining room. This year we were on deck 5 the balcony..table 21....overlooking the stairway and the piano. It was a great spot when the waiters put on their parade and sang to the passengers...as they all line up on the stairs. We also had piano...guitar..or violin music every night at dinner..something we really enjoyed. Last year it seemed to be only the special nights. The cruise was just stupendous..nothing to fault.

Regarding cabin 3002..you are all the way forward on the port side. Same side we were on. 10 cabins up from my room last year. The forward elevators should be right next to you as you leave your cabin. Just checked the deckplans. That makes it very easy. Just hop in and go to deck 9....( the Windjammer is just above you.) You will arrive right outside. (behind you as you exit the lift) If you recall..the Windjammer has entry doors on either side. Sometimes both are open..and sometimes they use just one entrance and will have a sign saying which one. Also in front of you on deck 9... will be the doors out to the pool deck. We had some great bar b ques this year. Last year there was a lot of windy weather...so I only remember having one. Another thought...the solarium pizza..chips..and burgers..dramatically improved. The kids were regulars. I had 2 burgers this cruise...much thicker and with salad..really nice.

As I said above...these lifts will also take you to all the entrances to main places....Anchors Away.....Theatre...etc. and it isn't even necessary to go to the center elevators to get to the dining room etc. As you are so near to these elevators.... Just use them to reach everywhere that is above. You can walk through on all levels. from forward to centrum area etc. EVen on levels where you walk through cabins...you still come out in the middle. Hope this helps some..Keep in touch..look forward to reading your review..Have A Fantastic Cruise..HAPPY SAILING! regards, Carol

Cruiser Carol.....All of your info on the Legend is truely amazing.....thankyou.....one more question, if you don't mind....regarding deck 3, the few remaining cabins available to us are located near the conference center....do you think this would be problem?.....thanks....referee

Hi Carol,

Thankyou so much for all that info.

take care

carol

ote=cruiser_carol]Hi Carol....Another Carol here.. You must be Very excited. Just one month till you sail. We have been home just 5 weeks tomorrow. Wish I could go again.It was just brilliant. I hope you have a fantastic cruise. If you enjoyed it last year..there should be no question!!

First of all..we thought Legend looked amazing this year..far better than last year. And we loved her then. We had our children along for their first cruise..so I was well pleased to find that even the outside of the ship had been painted. And work continued throughout the cruise.Standard polishing and cleaning...but the Pressure cleaning of the smokestack..the crown and anchor logo.. and the roof of the viking lounge/solarium area..was very interesting to watch. Those guys really had to do a balancing act. Even the shuffleboard game on deck.. was resurfaced and repainted.

The cabins looked brilliant with all the new covers..very stylish....A 100% improvement. and all 3 cabins were in excellent condition. No wear and tear at all...the sofas..and chairs in daughters connecting rooms..All the upholstery was in great shape. The cabins were Absolutely spotless..and kept that way by our steward Esniach from Nicaragua. A true gentleman. We never needed to ask for anything..it was always there already. The first night we had several large bags unable to fit under the bed...when we came back to the cabin.. they had been stowed for us.

We found many little touches on the ship..which we didn't see last cruise. New menues..in the dining room..and on the tables in the bars...showing all the drink prices. I loved the striped glasses..real glass..that you kept with certain cocktails. Alladin in the viking lounge...is a real charmer. If you meet him...tell him the twins and family send their love. Our daughters are identical twins.. They were along with their boyfriends..and he did lots of magic tricks for them.

We had Chino in the dining room...he was also loads of fun..All smiles! As were the waiters around our table. They loved the girls..made us all laugh. Quite a lively atmosphere compared to last year. where dinner was efficient..but not a lot of Fun. We had a young lady serving then. In fairness..the family we sat with were very reserved. The name of the waiter is on a little card on the table at dinner the first night. Which made it a lot easier to understand names.. with so many nationalities. Our assistant waiter was Antonio...another real gentleman. After night one..he remembered exactly what you liked. Even made the notoriously strong and bitter coffee..weaker for us. So we actually enjoyed it.

We had another retired German couple sitting with us this year.. who were personally very, very pleasant. We really liked them. We had some good times. The lady spoke a lot of English..and laughed a lot.The man just smiled all the time...and mumbled a little.. But Sadly, the gentleman complained at every meal. It really became embarassing.The waiters really had the patience of a saint. Trying everything to please this man...who was simply very spoiled. They had been on dozens of RC cruises...28 cruise credits..and many on Legend. which makes me wonder why he complains?? or why he comes back?? .

There were themed nights in the Windjammer cafe...Chinese..Italian..and Indian. With decorations..and a hostess in costume to greet you. Lots of prawns and shrimps on offer...as well as a bigger choice it seemed in the dining room. This year we were on deck 5 the balcony..table 21....overlooking the stairway and the piano. It was a great spot when the waiters put on their parade and sang to the passengers...as they all line up on the stairs. We also had piano...guitar..or violin music every night at dinner..something we really enjoyed. Last year it seemed to be only the special nights. The cruise was just stupendous..nothing to fault.

Regarding cabin 3002..you are all the way forward on the port side. Same side we were on. 10 cabins up from my room last year. The forward elevators should be right next to you as you leave your cabin. Just checked the deckplans. That makes it very easy. Just hop in and go to deck 9....( the Windjammer is just above you.) You will arrive right outside. (behind you as you exit the lift) If you recall..the Windjammer has entry doors on either side. Sometimes both are open..and sometimes they use just one entrance and will have a sign saying which one. Also in front of you on deck 9... will be the doors out to the pool deck. We had some great bar b ques this year. Last year there was a lot of windy weather...so I only remember having one. Another thought...the solarium pizza..chips..and burgers..dramatically improved. The kids were regulars. I had 2 burgers this cruise...much thicker and with salad..really nice.

As I said above...these lifts will also take you to all the entrances to main places....Anchors Away.....Theatre...etc. and it isn't even necessary to go to the center elevators to get to the dining room etc. As you are so near to these elevators.... Just use them to reach everywhere that is above. You can walk through on all levels. from forward to centrum area etc. EVen on levels where you walk through cabins...you still come out in the middle. Hope this helps some..Keep in touch..look forward to reading your review..Have A Fantastic Cruise..HAPPY SAILING! regards, Carol

Cruiser Carol.....All of your info on the Legend is truely amazing.....thankyou.....one more question, if you don't mind....regarding deck 3, the few remaining cabins available to us are located near the conference center....do you think this would be problem?.....thanks....referee

Hi Referee and Jamie dog...So glad my info has helped..the conference center is no problem at all. We virtually always came in that doorway when going to our cabin...which was right along side...and we were even nearer this cruise in cabin 3038. The stair landing or elevators..which is the centrum or middle elevators...on deck 3...will have the conference center just off to the side of them. It sets back in a recessed area as it were... closed off with large doors when NOT IN uSE.wHICH IS most of the time. The entrance to the cabin corridors...is to the left and right of this area.. self enclosed again. So very insulated against sounds. Even when in use....I have never actually noticed any major activity or noise in the conference area.. They have seminars about arthritis..health issues..displays of new kids toys..(Fisher Price etc.)all advertised in the cruise compass daily. Nothing major disruptive. And as I say..I have never even seen anything happening there. Despite having had 4 cabins quite nearby. We can highly recommend cabins 3024..3032..3034..and 3038..All ones that we have very much enjoyed. All the cabins along that corridor seem equally as Good. Please keep in touch and let us know how things go. Regards, carol

Referee,

Which January sailing are you looking at? We'll be on the January 13 sailing, my DD and I, and are looking forward to both the cruise and to meeting our shipmates here on CC before departure. Hope you're one of them! We're never sailed RCCL before, but have read so many good things about them here on the boards that it sounds like we can't possibly have a bad cruise. Also, we were at first apprehensive about the Legend, but Carol's assurances about her have left us anxious--but only for January to come sooner!

We'll be in a GS--a treat for many years of hard work since our last major vacation. Would love to hear from anyone who's stayed in one recently.

Jim

Kazooie11.....Sorry, we're on the 27th of Jan. cruise..This was a last minute decision,when we found out when mywife could get off from work....We've cruised on Rccl before(Serenade....Grandeur....Sovereign)and Carol's info really helped.......Referee

Referee, Are you aware of a senior discount for your cruise? If not, call your TA and inquire about it....save yourself some money. We're going on the 20th and I found this discount and saved our group of six a few hundred dollars!

Kazooie11.....Sorry, we're on the 27th of Jan. cruise..This was a last minute decision,when we found out when mywife could get off from work....We've cruised on Rccl before(Serenade....Grandeur....Sovereign)and Carol's info really helped.......Referee

So nice to hear of someone else sailing on the Legend.So many nice things on this thread. We have been on Explorer and Mariner. Looing forward to a smaller, more personal sailing.

We are staying in Orlando for three days prior.

As if Carol didn't do a good enough job selling it, I can also assure you that even before the new bedding and freshening, Legend was in fine shape in Dec 05, with the notable exception of the mini-golf course which was looking pretty rough (gaps in the turf that would trap balls, etc). I've now sailed on two other ships with mini golf and they were in MUCH better condition. With that single caveat, though, everything else on Legend was always very well maintained and the crew was just super. I seem to be inadvertantly doing a tour of all RCCL ships *right before* they get their new bedding (just got off Radiance, also still old bedding), so I'm looking forward now to a sailing I just booked - May 19 from Rome on Legend for 12 days! I can't wait.

I wouldn't worry at all about the conference center. They are typically used only during the day if there is a business or affinity group on board, or maybe possibly for an evening reception, but never the sort of thing that would interrupt your sleep. Typically I worry most about what is directly beneath or directly above me. You dont want to necessarily be right under the windjammer, pool deck, or a dance club, because it can sometimes sound like they're training elephants above, and the chair scraping can be really jarring. I'm told also that being above the showroom can be noisy because of the practicing when shows weren't on. I personally don't like being within 3 or 4 doors of the elevator, and hearing the constant 'ding' and drunken people coming back from the club late at night.

Carol, we're going to miss you by a couple of months on Legend, but we'll try to keep her nice for you. At the moment, we're in an inside dungeon room on 2. :)

Archived