Bringing booze on board

so there

When you board ship ,you give your bags to a porter to be taken aboard and delivered to your room. those are checked bags. The bag(s) you keep and take on board are x-rayed when you board. These bags are the ones most likely to have booze removed. Wine is allowed in carry on bags. This said I personally have never had any drinks of any kind removed from bags. Probably will happen on next cruise on Feb. 3rd. okbowler

We've always taken a few bottles of liquor in our luggage and never had a problem.

In order to have a drink before dinner on our balcony, we pack a couple of quart sized plastic bottles. On our breakfast menu card we would order extra juices...orange, cranberry, grapefuit...etc and then transfer them to the quart containers and put them in the fridge for later use as mixers. It works our wonderfully.

Happy cruising!

i posted this idea and wanted to know what you guy think. I make my own beer and want to bottle some before my curise i want to bottle some in some IBC root beer bottles im going to put the hard stuff in wine bottles and cork it with real cork. the wine im pretty cool with working what about the beer.

They kept it at the port itself? I thought they would take it onboard & return it to you the last night of your cruise.:confused:

Yes, because it was a Port security person that found it (the x-ray baggage screener). We had to go over to a desk in the port to get our slip accounting for it & was told that was where we had to go back to at the end of the cruise to retrieve it.

We brought on our liquor also. I brought on some small bottles of flavored rum, they go very well with the sodas i got at the bar with my soda card. We also put Kahlua and Irish Cream in small water bottles. They went very well with the coffee and the hot cocoa. Oh yea, I had to bring on the hot cocoa also. Princess ships do not offer free packets of hot cocoa. I guess I am a little cheap.

Any liquid found in an unsealed bottle will most likely be confiscated - just a warning to those who transfer booze int water bottles - just keep it in the original bottle and put it in your checked luggage.

Ron

So far we have not had any problems. I have actually carried on the bottles also. I also take a lot of small bottle waters to drink throughtout the trip. My bags are always heavy getting on.

Any liquid found in an unsealed bottle will most likely be confiscated - just a warning to those who transfer booze int water bottles - just keep it in the original bottle and put it in your checked luggage.

Ron

Ron, What do you base this info on? How do you know this? I have never had A problem before and always make sure the Bottle does not look half empty... What are they going to do check the seals on water or soda bottles....

I can only tell you what has worked for us in the past. I have put the liquor into empty water bottles and walked on board with it in the carry ons. I brought Kahlua and the little sample bottles of rum that I just threw in and no one questioned. I also had a flask that I filled up with Amaretto. I cruised this year in January with a lot of alcohol, and again in June with a fair amount, so it is very recent. I also have spill proof containers that I have filled (Baileys is yummy in after-dinner coffee too)! I just like what I like and don't want the huge bar tab!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I can only tell you what has worked for us in the past. I have put the liquor into empty water bottles and walked on board with it in the carry ons. I brought Kahlua and the little sample bottles of rum that I just threw in and no one questioned. I also had a flask that I filled up with Amaretto. I cruised this year in January with a lot of alcohol, and again in June with a fair amount, so it is very recent. I also have spill proof containers that I have filled (Baileys is yummy in after-dinner coffee too)! I just like what I like and don't want the huge bar tab!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

That is my Micbear... she really did enjoy her after dinner drinks. I found the best water bottle to use was the Deja Blue water. Nobody thinks it is anything but water. A little goes a long way in the coffee.

The rules about carrying on liquid are specifically meant for the airlines...and it's only for carry-on luggage or purses etc. BTW...that includes toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo etc. They initiated those rules after the last attack on the British airlines. As far as I know it doesn't apply to carry-ons for the cruise...but you can double check with Princess or your TA.

Happy cruising!

The rules about carrying on liquid are specifically meant for the airlines...and it's only for carry-on luggage or purses etc. BTW...that includes toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo etc. They initiated those rules after the last attack on the British airlines. As far as I know it doesn't apply to carry-ons for the cruise...but you can double check with Princess or your TA.

Happy cruising!

I was referring to the airlines, not the cruise ship.

Ron

Ron

I was referring to the airlines, not the cruise ship.

Ron

Ron, with the airlines it doesn't matter if the bottle is sealed or unsealed you can't take any liquid in your carry on.

I would agree to just pack it very carefully in your luggage. I usually will wrap the bottles in plastic and then put lots of clothes around them to give it some cushion.

Coming home from our cruise we seen someone who packed liquor in their checked luggage and didn't cushion it and the luggage was soaked and reeked of liquor.:eek:

I was referring to airlines checked luggage.

Ron

Ron, We just flew on Continetal A few weks ago and you are allowed to bring liquids in your checked luggage.... we went to NJ and were told we could not bring on as carry on or checked luggage.... Get this Tomatoes or corn as Jersey has the best.... And no food or drink either, Yet A couple of flight Attendants or pilots were on our flight just in front of us and BTW the flight was almost empty had A loaf of everything bagel bread from another country/or part of the US, Didn't ask, But hey!!!! We did smell this the whole flight..... Now if that was you or I... they would have taken it.... I would think to eat themselves .... Rules apply to? Take it, pack it, hey it's just Freakin bread:D :eek: LMFAO..... What A Tomato is going to explode!!! And corn on the cob will kill? What will these do implode and kill people....

Yep!!!! Headline... Killer tomato kills 120 passengers when it exploded... Corn Killed all onboard when it impaled all except for the white corn the yellow is what did them in...

Archived