1st time cruiser

crazymomhas2

my family and i are taking our first cruise this weekend on norwegian spirit to the bahamas. i'm very excited, but just looking for some helpful hints that will make the trip go smoothly and help us get the most out of everything offered. if anyone has any suggestions please share! thanks again

michele:o

my family and i are taking our first cruise this weekend on norwegian spirit to the bahamas. i'm very excited, but just looking for some helpful hints that will make the trip go smoothly and help us get the most out of everything offered. if anyone has any suggestions please share! thanks again

michele:o

Hi!

When are you crusing? I'm leaving Sunday (leaving home Saturday, embarkation Sunday) on the Spirit.

I took my first cruise in 2003 on Norwegian Dawn and LOVED it (7 night Bahamas itinerary).

Here is a link to a 7-night bahamas Freestyle dailies (activity sheets only) for the Spirit. It's not the exact same cruise but similar, you should find the same type of activities but time and day will likely change.

If you want a surprise, you may prefer not to read this and wait each night to get the daily for the following day to see what activities they have to offer.

http://community.webshots.com/album/341385662TvTLSc

On the Dawn, there was 2 speciality dinning venues that are free but there is only 1 on the Spirit, you should try it. 3 other restaurants have a fee (Shogun Asian restaurant 10$pp, Tai Pai Bistro French Cuisine 15$pp, Maxim's (Cagney's) Steakhouse 20-25$ pp), you should try at least one, and choose depending on your tastes for food (meat, french, asian), reserve early in the week to insure you can try the one(s) you choose.

With NCL's freestyle dining, its best to make reservations with any of the surcharged restaurants the very first day onboard the ship for the rest of the week. With the non-surcharged restaurants either dine early or dine late to miss any lines, consider 7 PM prime time, there is usually a line at 7 PM, just like your favorite restaurant at home on the weekends.

Welcome, Michele. You'll find more information on these boards than you can shake a stick at. My best suggestion, though, is gather all the INFORMATION that you can from people, don't believe all the CRITICISM that you find, and for that matter don't believe everything that glows either. You'll find some reviews here that seem pretty well-balanced, though, and you can usually rely on them. You'll know the difference when you see it.

There is info specific to cruising NCL, to cruising on particular ships like the Spirit, to ports such as the Bahamas, and a whole lot more--browse all over the indexes of boards and you'll have more info there than your behind will allow sitting at the computer! :D

I'm sure someone with further information about your cruise will jump in here and help, too. Have fun!

Hi!

When are you crusing? I'm leaving Sunday (leaving home Saturday, embarkation Sunday) on the Spirit.

I took my first cruise in 2003 on Norwegian Dawn and LOVED it (7 night Bahamas itinerary).

Here is a link to a 7-night bahamas Freestyle dailies (activity sheets only) for the Spirit. It's not the exact same cruise but similar, you should find the same type of activities but time and day will likely change.

If you want a surprise, you may prefer not to read this and wait each night to get the daily for the following day to see what activities they have to offer.

http://community.webshots.com/album/341385662TvTLSc

On the Dawn, there was 2 speciality dinning venues that are free but there is only 1 on the Spirit, you should try it. 3 other restaurants have a fee (Shogun Asian restaurant 10$pp, Tai Pai Bistro French Cuisine 15$pp, Maxim's (Cagney's) Steakhouse 20-25$ pp), you should try at least one, and choose depending on your tastes for food (meat, french, asian), reserve early in the week to insure you can try the one(s) you choose.

we are leaving sunday the 24th on the spirit for the 6 day cruise to the bahamas:)

we are leaving sunday the 24th on the spirit for the 6 day cruise to the bahamas:)

Hi there, I'll be on your cruise as well. There will be a Meet & Greet at Henry's Pub on Monday at 11a.m. There should be a few ships officers there to answer any questions and you are more than welcome to come..stop by the roll call for the SPIRIT 9/24 and say hey-- <g>

Hi Michele, that was going to be my suggestion too! Come on over to the Roll Calls and join your other Cruise Critic members that are sailing the same ship & date. We've got a great bunch meeting up for a official NCL meet & greet. Til next time....Carol

There's another thread where the discussion is about tablemates, both pleasant and rude. I like to meet new people, but with freestyle dining if you ask to be seated with others you may get a two-hour groaner. I'd think the best bet is to go to the M & G and agree there to meet for dinner with people you find compatible. MHO.

If you haven't already, toss in a power strip for your electronics. The electrical outlets are few and generally not in places most convenient to the passengers.

Also take along large plastic tumblers for iced tea / lemonade throughout the day. The glasses available are fairly small.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there, I'll be on your cruise as well. There will be a Meet & Greet at Henry's Pub on Monday at 11a.m. There should be a few ships officers there to answer any questions and you are more than welcome to come..stop by the roll call for the SPIRIT 9/24 and say hey-- <g>

Steve was known on here as NJBear

Stephen M. McColloughMC COLLOUGH Stephen M. McCollough Navy veteran, of Morristown, 57 Stephen M. McCollough, 57, a lifelong resident of Morristown and a friend of the homeless, died on Oct. 18, 2006, at Morristown Memorial Hospital, after a short illness. A Funeral Mass will be held on Saturday, Oct. 21, at 9:30 a.m. at Assumption Church, Maple Avenue, Morristown. The interment will be private. Visiting will be on Friday, Oct. 20, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Dangler Funeral Home, 600 Speedwell Ave., Morris Plains. Born and raised in Morristown, Mr. McCollough was a 1967 graduate of Morristown High School. He served in the Navy from 1968 until 1971 and was a member of Assumption Church. Mr. McCollough is survived by his life partner, Duane D. Luce; his mother, Shirley Jane McCollough, and his siblings, Joseph McCollough of East Orange, Jeanne Roberto of Morristown, and Kathryn McCollough of Encinitas, Calif. He is also survived by six nieces and nephews, and 14 great-nieces and greatnephews. In lieu of flowers, donations in Mr. McColloughs name to Our Place Inc., 51 Washington St.,Morristown, N.J. 07960 would be appreciated. I can be reached at dluce@bestweb.net

Archived