Diamond Dembarkation Question

Editor

Hi All:

I'm in the process of booking my flight home and would like to know about what time we'll be off the ship. I don't want to book too early of a flight and run into the problem of missing the flight. Also, looks like we'll be flying out of LAX.

A flight after 1:00 should be fine. You can ask to be let off early and the ship is about 30 minutes away (with not too much traffic) to LAX. You can arrange for a shuttle bus to the airport at about 9 and I understand check in takes about 2 hours. We are going to MR on The Diamond and our flight home is 12:40. Princess tells you to make your flights after noon:)

We just left the Diamond on Sept 23 and disembarkation was no problem.

Our flight was for 1:30 (International) and we were at the airport by 10 AM with a Princess transfer (very well organized).

I do not know what airline you are flying, but we flew United and check in was just stupid. We were in line at 10AM and even though there were only about 10 people in front of us, it took an hour and a half to check in. Several people missed their flights - there were only two service clerks for check in, and there was no one to help those who tried to do electronic check in so the two clerks who were there were also trying to help in the auto check in section.

I would recommend that you not book a flight before 1:30.

Archived