PrePaid Purchases-Purser

bygoner

I am not sure but I think I read somewhere on one of these forums that you could prepay the purser for all your needs aboard the ship. If this is true, it is what I would like to do. Can anyone confirm this and if it is true when do you present yourself to the purser to do it?

I think what you are referring to is either setting up a cash account for your purchases, or something that is really convenient now is the RCCL Gift Certificate. You can pre-pay onboard credit in amounts of $50, $100, or $250 by buying a gift certificate online at the Royal Caribbean site and it will be available for use onboard. Optionally, you can stop at the purser's desk any time and put down money.

Most people just use an open credit card for on-board purchases, but you can do cash (you set it up when you board). A lot of people with kids do this, cuz they are afraid their kids will charge them out of house and home while they are not with them. You can also use a credit card but set a limit of the maximum to be charged, then any other charges will be denied. I set a limit for my 10 year old, or the arcade will break me for good!!!:eek:

If you want to do the pre-paid cash thing, they will do it for you at the desk when you arrive.

Have fun.:D

Archived