Soveriegn questions

sdear

I am looking at taking a 3-4 night cruise on SOS this spring. I am not going to make it until next September without a cruise !

What room locations...or types do you experienced SOS's cruisers recommend?

Thanks for any input ! Pictures would be great too if anyone has some !

Thanks,

Sue

Sdear...my family will be on the November 27-December 1 Sovereign of the Seas cruise to the Bahamas.

Champs is has been great sharing information about the SOS. He and his family just returned the same cruise on the SOS. Please use the link to visit the thread that he currently has going about the SOS.

Thanks all...the pics were great.....looks like a great ship for a short getaway !

I am curious about the rooms.......are the JS worth it? or are the ocean views all you need? Do only JS's have a balcony?

Thanks for the info and link !

Sue

Hi there...

My first cruise will be on the Sovereign in less than 2 weeks (a 4 night) I booked adjoining ocean view cabins on deck 5. (I figured not too high and not too low for a first cruise till I see how I do) I know I saw some wonderful pics on WebShots. You can try typing in the ship name. Cruisningator seems to have had some wonderful pics too.

When I get back I will post how our rooms were.

I haven't even gone yet, but I think I am already hooked! :D

Is it just going to be you or will other people be going with you? The rooms are much smaller on Sovereign than on the newer RCCL ships (inside is 119sq ft, oceanview iw 122sqw ft). JS and up are the only ones with balconies. Especially if you have more than one person going, I definitely recommend getting at least a Superior Oceanview if you can afford it. If it is just yourself you would be fine (space wise) with an inside or oceanview, but avoid cabins on deck 7 if at all possible (the promenade deck is on that level and people can look into the oceanviews when they have their windows open).

Best deal is deck eight, either 3 cabins forward or 1 cabin aft of the elevators. They sell as obstructed views but are not. Also JS are great if you are trying to get cruise credits, but if you are tall (over 6'3") you will be banging your head taking a shower, but it does have a nice tub.

Thanks all...the pics were great.....looks like a great ship for a short getaway !

I am curious about the rooms.......are the JS worth it? or are the ocean views all you need? Do only JS's have a balcony?

Thanks for the info and link !

Sue

Only JS and Suites have balconies and we had one on our last two cruises. Are they worth it? Only you can decide as the price differential is significant.

The new bedding is very nice and she is in good shape. Personally, I am not a fan of the short cruise as it attracts a different crowd. And I think SOV felt very crowded. That being said, there is little to choose from in the weekend cruise market and IMO she is the best of the bunch.

Archived