QM2 CatB6 ????

campingman

Is the B6 a guarantee from any deck B2 to B5 which can land you in anything from a in hull balcony cabin to a obstructed deck 8 balcony?

I have carefully chosen my cabin on deck B5 overlooking a Zodiac style boat so it will have a partially obstructed view.

The pricing on this voyage is all the same.B2 to B6

I can understand a B guarantee however a B6?

Can choosing a B6 get you beyond deck 8?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... It sounds as if you think "B2" and "B5" refer to decks and that's not the case. You can go online to the Cunard website, find your voyage, hit "fare" and then "compare staterooms" and that will give you a layout of the ship, by deck, you can use to find staterooms by number or "class".

And I'm not sure what the stuff about "guarantee" means, since we book/have booked specific staterooms.

But I am bored enough today to have gone to check WHERE the B6 cabins might be. There look to be four of them, ONLY on Deck 8. And they do seem to have a very nice view of the tenders.

You might call Cunard and ask them if they have assigned you a stateroom. If not, they should be able to tell you when they'll do so. I'd expect you can even request a certain deck.

I don't know where your trip will take you, but not being able to see would detract from it, for me...

If the pricing is the same from B6 to B2, you book yourself a B2. You do NOT book a guarantee, and you most certainly do not book a B5 obstructed balcony.

In the states, we call the promo, "best available balcony at time of booking"

ocngypz - are you advising people never to book on a guarantee basis, or just pointing out that you can't book a specific cabin on a guarantee basis?

Keen to get your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Matt

On this particular promotion the OP described, if you can have a non-obstructed sheltered balcony for the same price as an obstructed balcony, it just doesn't make any sense to book an obstructed. The OP selected a cabin assignment in B5, which is obstructed.

Guarantees can work well at times and can be dreadful at other times. I had a client who I could book select a cabin assignment in B6. There are only a handful. Against my counseling, she elected to gamble with a B5 guarantee.

This sailng was quite full when she booked, and she wound up with a B5.. as obstructed as one could get. Had she listened, she would have had one of the highly coveted B6 cabins.

Are the highly coverted B6 that you refer a form of Guarantee or are they actually forward and aft on deck 8 or can this pricing promotion actually end you up on a higher deck still?

I think im happy? Im on deck 8 now in a B5 overlooking a Zodiac style boat not a Tender/Lifeboat, midships.

What side is the preference for a Eastbound Atlantique crossing.Port or Starboard?

Just received notice today that we were upgraded for the 2nd time. Originally we were a B4 on Deck 4. Then we were moved to a B3 on Deck 4. Now with 3 days to go we are an A1 on Deck 11. We're pretty pleased with the situation.

Archived