Solo Traveler on Tahitian Princess - out of place???

kowkitty

Hi,

My hubby and I travel quite often. Hubby is a diver so we go to the Caribbean quite often (no complaints) once a year I take myself on a solo vacation just to relax and get away. Usually go on a cruise or spa.... I love to travel... Would I feel completely out of place on a cruise around the South Pacific? I know it's a real honeymoon destination. Always been a dream to go. Hubby will be diving (work) around the Caribbean all of 2007 so he can't get away.

Anyone been on the ship? any solo travelers?

Jackie

Jackie, email me. I am a single straight female, 63 yo, nonsnorer and need a roommate for a back-to-back cruise on the TP in Oct 2007. I have an aft balcony cabin booked. I am planning on cruising with a few woman friends who are lots of fun and very adventurous.

Hi Carolyn,

Actually sounds like alot of fun!! I'm 40 & love to meet new people and have no problems sharing my space either. Your doing a back to back cruise with the girls!! How great - never thought of that. October 31, 2007 sounds good and I also always like a balcony cabin. Love having coffee outside in the am....

Was not able to email you???

here's my email

kowkitty3@aol.com

Jackie

Hi,

My hubby and I travel quite often. Hubby is a diver so we go to the Caribbean quite often (no complaints) once a year I take myself on a solo vacation just to relax and get away. Usually go on a cruise or spa.... I love to travel... Would I feel completely out of place on a cruise around the South Pacific? I know it's a real honeymoon destination. Always been a dream to go. Hubby will be diving (work) around the Caribbean all of 2007 so he can't get away.

Anyone been on the ship? any solo travelers?

Jackie

Do you get Porthole Magazine? The new issue (just got mine yesterday) has an article on cruising solo with lots of tips etc. Normally you can find a copy of it at Barnes & Noble in the magazine section.

If you husband is a diver he will love the TP ! Its much more interesting than the Caribean ports. Sharks. giant manta rays ( the size of a bus) are just a few of the exciting critters.

I am sure that you will enjoy the itinerary.. I also travel solo at times. Go for it.

Hi,

My hubby and I travel quite often. Hubby is a diver so we go to the Caribbean quite often (no complaints) once a year I take myself on a solo vacation just to relax and get away. Usually go on a cruise or spa.... I love to travel... Would I feel completely out of place on a cruise around the South Pacific? I know it's a real honeymoon destination. Always been a dream to go. Hubby will be diving (work) around the Caribbean all of 2007 so he can't get away. Anyone been on the ship? any solo travelers? Jackie

One of our table mates on the Tahitian was a solo English woman who had a great time. Even the fact it is a honeymoon destination, on both of our cruises there were very few newlyweds.

Hi to all,

Thanks for the replies.

I actually decided on the Pacific Princess 12/4/07 departs from Hawaii and goes through the islands of Hawaii and then goes to Christmas Island (never knew there was such a place) and then through the islands to Tahiti!! Have not been to Hawaii or the islands around Tahiti so it's the best of both worlds for me!!! It was not much more than my original plan of the 7 night Tahitian Princess. This one is 10-11 nights....

Well, I was going to wait to book until my hubby and I got back from Mexico but what was I waiting for??? Booked a balcony cabin just for me!!! 11 days of peace & quiet... no phones ringing.... (love my hubby dearly but.....) the bed to myself, spa, spa, spa....

Thanks again

Jackie

Archived