Isla Mujeres

dolliesny

I've been there- many years ago. We were vacationing in Cancun and chartered a boat. That's where they took us to snorkle, shop, and see some sites. I'm sure it's much more built up now, but it was just beautiful! The water was a bit rough for a not so good swimmer to attempt to snorkle where we were.

I think you can only get there by boat from Cancun. We were there last year, but on a land based vacation. The snorkeling was the best we ever had and North Beach is to die for! In over 32 years of vacations, this small island was our best day.

I hope you can find some way to get there because it's just amazing. If you do get there, hire a cab into the "town" and rent a golf cart for the day. Then tour the island...it's small! If you need to know where the snorkeling is best, let me know, and I'll tell you where to go.

Eileen

Thank you all for your help. Does anyone know if you could get a taxi driver to take you into Cancun and then come pick you up later after you come back from Isla Mujeres? Or am I trying to put too much into one day. I do notice that the ship(Sensation)has a shopping tour to Cancun.

Archived