NCL Crown did go to Bermuda

smeyer418

No cruise line can win during hurricane season. RCCL also had many complaining because they didn't go with the itinerary. Also, many stated they did not get a refund but a credit. If you go, people get upset. If you don't go, other people get upset. It's no win.

On the thread, since the TA was so over dramatic about putting people at risk, etc, I'd say she didn't do a good job of telling her clients about sailing during hurricane season and is now trying to pass the buck.

So people gamble with lower cruise fares during hurricane season, some win and some lose. Take your losses and move forward. :rolleyes:

If memory serves me, a blizzard is considered the same as a hurricane. We gamble every winter here in MN with winter weather. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Try driving with >60mph winds, blowing fine snow, snow piled as high as an elephant's eye, <20 degree temps, white out conditions, wipers frozen and the heater not working. Maybe I should ask the state for a refund of our taxes, they cannot plow the highways. :p

Have a great day all, no snow here yet.:)

I'll send you some Utah snow, if you're anxious to see some. It's snowing in the mountains here for the 3rd time so far.... and it's only Sept. 22. Up at Snowbird, one of the ski resorts 15 miles or so from town, they had a foot on the mountain last weekend. People hiking up with their snowboards...

What happened to autumn???:(

We were on the same Crown cruise..and we did get bounced around pretty good...Passengers were thrown around, plates did go flying our refrigerator came out of the cabinet twice...It was not nice .

I really feel bad for those who felt fear...I'm sure it was real scary for those not used to the sea conditions. We have been on several cruises and we were not afraid but this does not negate the feeling of others.

The coulda,woulda,shoulda comments of people not on this cruise prove nothing..If they were there maybe their comments would be different or non existent.

People mention Celebrity and RCCI' s changes. They were leaving port a day before and were arriving in Bermuda a day before us. Their decision to change had to be made sooner.

If anyone feels they should get some money back, by all means go for it..It was YOUR trip and only YOU know how you felt.

Good luck

We are going to be on the Crown this Sunday. I know it is hurricane season, that's why we got such a great rate. I can't wait to see Bermuda, that is why I booked this cruise, but I also know that there is a chance that we might not end up there. Would I be disappointed? Yes. Would I be upset? No. I know the risks of traveling at this time of year. I have Bonine, 5 books to read and a great frame of mind. I'm going to be away from work, laundry, cooking and cleaning. How bad can it be?

I don't think they deserve a refund.

Archived