Which ship fits the bill????

cdnliving

Thankyou all for taking the time and thought for such informative posts.

I have ruled out Disney and Carnival thus far, and celebrity doesnt sail during March break to the Caribean from Fla. ..... YOu have all raised good points about HAL, RCI, and Princess. And yes the Mariner looks absolutely gorgeous - I'm trying to get my head around the big size, and the potential disconnet it might bring us as a family - I hate to trade off the intimacy for the luxurious surroundings as tempting as it is - my it really is beautiful!!!! After looking at the photos of the Mariner I am thinking perhaps I should look at the newer larger ships - you have raised some good points. Needless to say, I'm still working it all through. ....any more insights, experiences would be very appreciated.

Cdnliving, I too am Canadian and my family cruises every March break. Just be aware that our March break isn't the same time as the US Spring Break (I believe theirs is April) so if you want a cruise that will have lots of kids, I would stick to the more "popular" lines like RCI, NCL or Princess. I have been on both RCI & Princess and although the adults preferred RCI, the kids loved both lines (my kids are 7 & 13.) This March break we are booked on the NCl Pearl. I am dying to try Celebrity, but my concern is that the kids' program won't be as active as on RCI & Princess.

Good luck!

Brooklintree, US Spring Breaks last from anywhere in late February to the middle of April. There is no set time in the US for spring break. You can expect lots of kids on most ships sailing from the US in March or April.

Good point Brooklin.....

From all the posts I have read and reviews etc. etc...everyone seems to say that Celebrity will have plenty of kids from March to April, ( not so many so that its overrun...my kids actually would rather a smaller intimate group) So based on this we're leaning towards Celebrity) I am sure hoping that this is the case, as it will make it all the more enjoyable.

Archived