How's This Cabin??

richsea

Hi everyone!

We're booked on the Crown this November in cabin B621 on Baja deck. This is our first Princess cruise after 13 on Celebrity so I'm not as familiar with Princess cabins as I am with Celebrity's. I keep hearing about the lack of privacy on some of the balconies on the Crown, depending upon the deck which you book. Can someone give me the lowdown on the balconies on Baja deck? Is there much privacy?

We're really looking forward to our first Princess cruise; and also wonder how Princess compares with X; food, entertainment, service, etc.?

Thanks for yor help!

Rich

The Baja balcony cabins include a covered balcony that is close to totally private. 621 should put you towards the middle of the ship althougn a little aft.

We have done 2 Princess and 1 Celebrity cruise and like Princess better. If you get assigned PC (personal choice) dining give it a chance and I suspect you will never want to go back to traditional fixed dining.

Have a great next cruise.

:)

Hi everyone!

We're booked on the Crown this November in cabin B621 on Baja deck. This is our first Princess cruise after 13 on Celebrity so I'm not as familiar with Princess cabins as I am with Celebrity's. I keep hearing about the lack of privacy on some of the balconies on the Crown, depending upon the deck which you book. Can someone give me the lowdown on the balconies on Baja deck? Is there much privacy?

We're really looking forward to our first Princess cruise; and also wonder how Princess compares with X; food, entertainment, service, etc.?

Thanks for yor help!

Rich

This is a good location - your balcony will be fully covered and no one can look down on you. Take the stairs to the buffet area and keep the weight off!

We have sailed Celebrity once and Princess twice. I honestly have to say that I personally find the food comparable. We prefer Anytime Dining so we love Princess for that. You will notice a difference in the buffets because Princess does not offer people to carry your tray. Not a big show stopper in my opinion.

I think Princess gives you a much better value for your money.

Have a great cruise,

mollyanne

You'll be one deck above me and four further to the front of the ship. Don't dump anything on my balcony :) Mine will be the one that is only half covered on the Caribe deck. You'll love the location, I chose ours for easy access to those areas we enjoy more. The only real traveling you'll have to do is to get to the theaters at the front of the ship.

Thanks everyone for your replies! It looks like we made a good choice in selecting this cabin. As I said this will be our first Princess cruise & we're looking forward to it. We are going to try personal choice dining & see how we like it. We're taking our 8 year old grandson & thought personal choice would be a better option with him along with us.

We've heard a lot of good things about Princess so thought that after all those Celebrity cruises, & with X shortening their Caribbean season to just about 4 months of the year, it was time to try another line. I just hope that the Crown doesn't seem too large for us; we tend to like the smaller ships.

Thanks again for the info.

Rich

Archived