Casual wedding options in Bermuda

jewel

Hello All!!! We are planning a cruise on RCCL for summer 2005 to get married in Bermuda. Both of us feel like we dont want a traditional wedding or reception. We would like barefoot on the beach wedding and a super casual reception for 50-100 people w/o alot of the tradition. A steel drum band, drinks and appetizers. Does any have any ideas or contacts to help us with this option?

Great idea! I was married May 25 2004 in Bermuda-it was absolutely gorgeous. Bermuda has the most beautiful beaches and is perfect for a wedding. It is a little costly to be married in Bermuda but well worth the money. As for the planning, I would recommend calling or emailing hotels and asking them if they would assist in planning the wedding at their resort/hotel. I believe Stonington (?) or Coral Reef(?) allow you to get married on their property with use of reataurants or grounds for the reception. I used a third party wedding planner out of Florida that was a total waste of money becand I would not recommend you use! I wish I had researched alittle better and planned it independently. Best of luck and if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Thanx Robyn! My next question is.... I talked to a friend who used to work as a TA and told me about how she went to Bermuda with her company and there was a side "excursion" planned where the were picked up on a pontoon boat or Catamaran and taken to a private island for a beach party. That is excactly the type of thing we're looking for. Unfortunatly, that was 12 years ago, and she cant remember who she booked with or alot of the details.Any ideas?????

• 5 months later...

hello jewel

we to are thinking about getting married in bermuda. found a cruise on ncl crown in october we like. kinda giving it a chance going during hurricane season, thou. have just started to do research on bermuda and found one site that offers to do it for about $2,000. seems a little pricey. their is just going to be us and maybe 2 other couples. just wondering if we can do it cheaper. so many questions and ideas. so many hours on the computer in the future!

hope your plans are going well.

Archived