FLL Hampton AP North/Renaissance Oct

OU8MINE

Have pre-cruise booked at Hampton AP North on 10/8 for 126 (using military rate) and post cruise at Renaissance 10/14 for 126 (again using military rate). Pre-cruise arrival is around 7 p.m. and we (2 adults, 2 kids) are looking for free trans/free breakfast for pre-cruise. Post-cruise we would like a location that offers things to do within walking distance, but not to far from Airport as we fly out early on 10/15. So, is Hampton good pre-cruise choice? Is there something comparable for less that is better? Is Renaissance a good post cruise choice for a family with 2 kids (8 & 5)? Can we do better? I think I can get the Marriot Hollywood beach for 126 dollars also. Any advice would be appreciated!

If you could get the Marriott Hollywood Beach for both ends of your trip you'd really be doing fine. It's an excellent ocean front property on the nicest beach in South Florida. Perfect for a family with children. ;)

//////////////

Bequia,

That sounds good, my one concern though is check-in time post cruise. The Renaissance is 3 p.m. and the Marriott is 4 p.m., I'd like to think we could check-in early but if not 3 p.m. sounds better than 4 p.m. Also, if we do stick with the Renaissance are there restaurants/shopping within walking distance (for a 5-year-old)?

Thanks Howard,

I'm sticking with the Renaissance post cruise, pre cruise I switched to the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise port mainly because of the 80 dollar rate I was able to get. I've seen mixed reviews on the place, but with free shuttles and breakfast I'm willing to give it a try. If you go in with low expectations you can only be pleasantly suprised (in theory anyway).

If that's the one on Federal, just south of SE 17th, yes the reviews have been very uneven, but on the bright side, you are just across the street from one of my favorite places. Ernie's Bar B Que. It's got that Key West vibe, and the Conch Chowder and Bimini Bread are very good. I stop there everytime I'm in town.

Archived