Pink??

Princess2006

This is an interesting question. If your concern is about being "bright" then I say no worries. My DD wore a bright turquoise colored dress one evening and it was great. Stands out against all that black!

I've wondered, though, what is everybody's opinion on wearing pastels in the evening? Like a shell pink or a soft sky blue? Those are the colors that look best with my skin tone, but I have to wonder if they're not appropriate for evening.

This is an interesting question. If your concern is about being "bright" then I say no worries. My DD wore a bright turquoise colored dress one evening and it was great. Stands out against all that black!

I've wondered, though, what is everybody's opinion on wearing pastels in the evening? Like a shell pink or a soft sky blue? Those are the colors that look best with my skin tone, but I have to wonder if they're not appropriate for evening.

Personally, I don't see any color being inappropriate for evening. As long as the fabric and style right for the event I don't see any issue with any colors. If a color really looks good on you - wear it!

I think that any color is great for formal night.

If you're going to wear pink however, just make sure you don't get sunburned that day!! Mom and I saw a woman on our cruise with a bright pink dress and a bright red sunburn...talk about clashing!

Can I assume your cruise goes to the Caribbean or Bahama's rather than to the Baltics or New England where it might be cold and rainy? You didn't say in your post.

If so, then you'll be in a tropical climate where summer clothes - both in color and fabric - will be the appropriate thing to wear. So your pink dress is perfect.

Have a great cruise!

My new gown is bright pink...the tag calls it "watermelon"...so I say GO FOR IT! Somewhere in the depths of this forum is a thread I started with my dress pics in it if you want to search for it.

If you're going to wear pink however, just make sure you don't get sunburned that day!! Mom and I saw a woman on our cruise with a bright pink dress and a bright red sunburn...talk about clashing!

Good point, Ehpride. I'll definitely be slathering on the lotion when I go outside as to not clash with my dress ;)

Archived