Dawn AB versus AC suites

denlyd

I booked a AB suite on the Dawn today and now I'm wondering should I have gone for an AC.

It is only my wife and I and we really don't need the extra bedroom at the expense of giving up usable sq. footage.

Can anyone comment on the difference betwwen the two catagories.

Two years ago we were in an owners suite (which were nice), but we don't need that much room.

I quess what i'm asking what is the difference in size of the bedroom, bathroom, living area and verandah.

Any input would be appreciated. I should have posted before making reservations.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

I stayed in an AB with 3 on a sister ship. I wouldn't stay in it with only a couple, as you say the extra bedroom would be wasted. Plus the alcove is then a waste. Balcony is small. I don't know how AC is laid out exactly, but I'd take a good look at that (or owner's suite for more $$, with great balcony)

I booked a AB suite on the Dawn today and now I'm wondering should I have gone for an AC.

It is only my wife and I and we really don't need the extra bedroom at the expense of giving up usable sq. footage.

Can anyone comment on the difference betwwen the two catagories.

Two years ago we were in an owners suite (which were nice), but we don't need that much room.

I quess what i'm asking what is the difference in size of the bedroom, bathroom, living area and verandah.

Any input would be appreciated. I should have posted before making reservations.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

How about an AE Penthouse suite. They are mainly located in the aft section of the ship I believe. We are booked in one on the 9th level.

It is significantly less money, but you still get a butler, larger balcony than the mini suites, dining area, queen bed, sitting area, dressing room with walk in closet area, shower and separate bath tub....no whirl pool tub...I love the whirl pool tubs but don't want to spend all that extra money just for that. We do not need all that room either. If we were going with other people we might consider something larger for entertaining etc,...otherwise what's the point of it?

Dennis

The only reason to go for the AC would be the larger balcony. The master bedroom bath area is pure luxury in the AB. THe AB offers a separate living room and the second bedroom is a great place to store your luggage and laundry;)

If you enjoyed the luxary bath of the owner suite the AB bath is comprable. 4 head shower, whirlpool bath with a TV and picture window.

The AC bath is the same as a the AE, AD with are exatly the same as a mini suite. A Tub and shower combo (sorry uneamie no separate shower)

AC/AD/AE for the view, AB for the luxary.

Great site for the details on the AB

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

mbath1.JPG

The AC bath is the same as a the AE, AD with are exatly the same as a mini suite. A Tub and shower combo (sorry uneamie no separate shower)

Opps! I forgot that the shower and tub are not separate with an AE. Love that pic and that bath with the window. Maybe someday I will be offered an upsell and then I will go for it then. :rolleyes:

After reading your replies, I think we'll stay with the AB.

The owners suite AA was great but you couldn't really take advantage of the balcony while the ship was moving, too windy, and if you open the door to the second balcony at the same time the other balcony door was open it creates a wind tunnel. I had put tip envelopes on the dining room table with a couple of hundred $'s and they blew away, fortunately my wife thought they blew into the next cabin, we asked our butler to check and we lucked out they were on the balcony next door.

Again thanks for all the input.

Regards

Dennis

Archived