native way water sports

renza

I have rented a car for the day we are in GC in January. Does anyone know if I can still do a tour and keep my car. I do not want to do the whole Rum Point thing (we will do that on our own) but would love to do the Stingrays?

Thanks, deb

txadmin, I am curios as to that too, we will be there next wednesday and my great fear of life is missing the boat!!..lol...anyway i wonder if i should email to confirm out trip, i did place a credit card for hold, has anybody had any problems with not confirming?

Do you all think the same problem would happen with the shorter tour? I would like to use Nativeway because I believe they are the only company that offers a the stingray and island tour.
Do they offer a shorter tour? Ours was sting ray city, snorkeling, and rum point. We were supposed to be back at the dock by 2:30, we were still on the water at 2:30 and not back to get on the bus until 3:00, the last tender was at 3:30. They just kept telling me not to be nervous, guess what, I was nervous.

Teajak:

What ship were you on and what time did you guys leave. We are on the Triumph in Jan and we have until 6:00 so I am hoping if we do this on our own, that would give plenty of time to do this without stressing.......

Do they offer a shorter tour? Ours was sting ray city, snorkeling, and rum point. We were supposed to be back at the dock by 2:30, we were still on the water at 2:30 and not back to get on the bus until 3:00, the last tender was at 3:30. They just kept telling me not to be nervous, guess what, I was nervous.

Yes, the stingray city and island tour is 4 hours long and the stingray city, snorkeling, and rum point is 5 hours long. I am in port until 4:00 so I am hoping its enough time.

Deb-You can rent your car and drive to Rum Point. You park your car, enjoy the beach, food etc. and can take the stingray tour right there through red sail sports. We did this last January and had a great time. Very few people on the boat and the guides were great. Here's an excellent site for Rum Point. http://www.eandbcaymans.com Click on rum point beach. You can get a map from the car rental agency ~Barb~[/color]

txadmin, I am curios as to that too, we will be there next wednesday and my great fear of life is missing the boat!!..lol...anyway i wonder if i should email to confirm out trip, i did place a credit card for hold, has anybody had any problems with not confirming?

"Hi Judy,

No worries. We guarantee that we will get you back to the pier before your last tender. In your case, you will get back to the cruise ship pier at least one hour before your last tender. No one touring with Native Way has ever missed their cruise ship. If they did, believe me, you would have heard about it. See you next month.

Sharon "

We are looking forward to our trip and have no worries. Sharon could not stay in business if she did not get people back in time for sailaway.

I agree that I have not heard of anyone missing the ship. However, why risk it? There are several other companies in Grand Cayman.

emporess - That was Sharon,. the owner of Nativeways saying that no one has ever missed their cruise ship. What makes you think she isn't telling the truth and why would you think another company would be safer?

emporess - That was Sharon,. the owner of Nativeways saying that no one has ever missed their cruise ship. What makes you think she isn't telling the truth and why would you think another company would be safer?
I am just saying that getting us back at 3:25 when the last tender is 3:30 is too close for me. I don't know what guarantee they offer if they get you back late, transportation to the next port,accomadations, all we had were our bathing suits and a little money.As I said before I was scared and it appears from the posts that others were also.

I am just saying that getting us back at 3:25 when the last tender is 3:30 is too close for me. I don't know what guarantee they offer if they get you back late, transportation to the next port,accomadations, all we had were our bathing suits and a little money.As I said before I was scared and it appears from the posts that others were also.

are we talking 330 central time or eastern time.

when we go there will be an hour difference between ship time and Grand Cayman time wont there? we are on central time. so will we have plenty of time if our tour leaves at 930 Cayman time?

you guys are worrying us.

thx:)

are we talking 330 central time or eastern time.

when we go there will be an hour difference between ship time and Grand Cayman time wont there? we are on central time. so will we have plenty of time if our tour leaves at 930 Cayman time?

you guys are worrying us.

thx:)

We were on the Mariner, RCI, and did not change time.The 3:30 was ships time, 2:30 Cayman time. The tour we were on was scheduled for 9:00 but didn't leave the dock until 9:30,went to Sting Ray City, snorkeling and then to Rum Point.We didn't get to Rum Point until 12:00 Cayman time 1:00 ships time.The tour guide first said we would leave at 1:30 Cayman time. I asked him if that was enought ime to get back across the water, get on the bus and get back to the ship.I kept asking the same question as the time got shorter.We got on the bus at 3:00 to go back to the dock for a 3:30 tender, arrived at the dock at 3:25, had to run across the parking lot to get the last tender. This may not bother some people but as I have said before I was plenty nervous, as were the other people from our ship. If I were to do this again I would want some guarantee and would want to know in advance what their policy would be if you missed the ship. I know it has never happened but I sure wouldn't want to be the first one and that was too close for comfort. I am not knocking the tour, it was great.

Remember that these boards are for information. I told you all the truth on why I would think twice about using native way. The tour itself was fantastic until we were almost stranded. Sharon is correct......we did not miss our ship. However, we shouldn't have been left without our driver coming back to pick us up. That was wrong. After I returned home, I did email Sharon and she was apologetic. That still didn't make it right.

Remember that these boards are for information. I told you all the truth on why I would think twice about using native way. The tour itself was fantastic until we were almost stranded. Sharon is correct......we did not miss our ship. However, we shouldn't have been left without our driver coming back to pick us up. That was wrong. After I returned home, I did email Sharon and she was apologetic. That still didn't make it right.

wow, i would be panicky too! :eek: We have less than a month to decide if we want to cancel our tour and go w/someone else. HOWEVER, there are 6 ships in port so I bet anything will be crowded!! I am dying to here from the 2 posters who have just returned ! any updated reveiws?

thanks!:)

NativeWay is much discussed in this forum. We used them and had the best excursion ever! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to you. I can't imagine what odd thing happened to leave the other poster stranded after their tour! Sharon is great and her company works hard to ensure that their guests have a wonderful time and a memorable day. When we went, the bus carrying the NativeWay group was somehow full, so she put us on another bus with another group, but everyone in charge knew who we were and got us exactly where we needed to be. Then after the tour, since their bus was full again of course, Sharon took my kids and I back to the pier in her car. I had a great time talking with her on the ride back and, since we didn't have to wait for a whole busload of people to get situated, we got back much quicker and had more time for shopping. She even took me where I wanted to shop, rather than back to where the bus would have gone. She was great.

The tour itself was awesome. Lots of time and interaction with rays - lots of fun. The snorkeling was great - we got to see the eel - eeeew, but yea! And Rum Point is just gorgeous and our lunch was even very good. I'd do it all again if we got to go back.

Did you bring extra people with you that were not on the original reservation? and they foudn transportation and allowed them to come along even though they didnt have a reservation?

Archived