bringing drinks on board

can'twait2cruise1

Not sure which cruise line you are going on but I dont think any of them allow you to bring liquor onboard. Carnival isnt that strict about smuggling booze onboard though. We took our bottles in zip lock bags in our check in luggage and didnt have any problems. The room stewards arent gonna risk their tip on reporting you so with carnival its just a matter of putting it in your check in luggage.

I've only been on one cruise (so far), and that was on HAL. At that time (2003?) I just walked on with my bottles of wine, but I believe they've changed their policy. Pack plastic bottles if you can, inside ziplock bags.

As for a fridge, contact your travel agent. We were able to rent one for our cruise at a rate of $2/day. It was in our cabin ready to go when we arrived on board. LOVED having it, even just for keeping snacks cold. Oh, and our cabin steward was new and such a sweetie: I had walked on with red wine and he took great care in having it in a bucket of ice each evening. LOL How'd he know I'm a Philistine and drink red wine chilled?!

Enjoy your cruise!

OP said she would be on Miracle which is Carnival and yes you have a fridge but it is not very cold, is actually the mini bar. We had the steward remove the stuff from the mini bar. The steward brings you ice so that helps cool your drinks. (I have read on one of these boards that if you put the ice bucket in the fridge it makes it cooler) You can bring wine and Champagne on board with you but liquor is best put in checked bags since it is not allowed. We are not big drinkers but took some airline size bottles of Bacardi Limon and Baileys in Zip Locs in cosmetic bag and they got there fine and back home fine cause we only used a couple. We just used our wine and champagne to enjoy on the balcony, did not take it to dining room so there was no corkage fee. We were on the upper deck in a regular balcony room and loved it! It was our first cruise and husband liked it so much we have booked another! Hope you have a great time!

I've been on two cruises and never thought to bring my own drinks. Don't they check the luggage? What's the best way to bring it? quote]

By 'drinks'' date=' do you mean soft drinks or liquor? Since you will be on a CARNIVAL ship, their policy is that you are allowed to bring a reasonable amount of soft drinks on board. I always take a six-pk of the plastic Coke bottles. Also - two bottles of wine or champagne per passenger is allowed to be brought on at embarkation, but not from the ports you visit. These can be taken on board in your carry-on luggage or checked luggage.[/b']

Beer and liquor are not allowed. IF they see it (through x-ray or hand checking) it will be confiscated and held until the end of the cruise.

A corkage fee of $10 may be charged if you bring your wine/champagne to the dining room for dinner. However, I have done this several times and have not been charged, and it seems to be at the discretion of your waiter.;)

We brought wine to dinner every night and were not charged corkage fee - it could be that we tipped our waiter the first night:p . You can also bring reasonable amount of soda/water but if you drink coke products you may want to purchase soda card which lets you have unlimited sodas the entire cruise. You have to drink quite a few to make it worth it. And you can purchase soda/water while in port and bring it back on board.

Archived