Mexican Riviera ports

jlsanta

Cabo is famous for their fishing tournaments. Cabo had a fantastic pier with DH's favorite beer for $1 last time we were there. We'll find out if the prices have gone up when we go back again in February. People suggested we take a cab to one of the beach resorts for swimming. We ended up walking through town and to the beach near the pier. Only thing I recommend is making a "No Gacias" sign so you aren't bothered by people selling goods. People put signs next to their beach chairs. There is one area of beach away from the bars and people if you like quiet. You can actually take a water ferry from the pier to the public beach if you don't want to walk. Next time we will take a cab to one of the resorts to check them out. It is my favorite Mexican port so far. We are trying new ports next winter but will be happy to return to Cabo as our last stop

Puerta Vallarta has hotels with beaches that you can walk to from the ship. The beach sand is coarse and more gravel color. It is a populated city. It is similar to Miami or Honolulu with oceanfront hotels lining the beach. It is funny to see Walmart from the pier. Lots of cruisers love shopping there to pick up supplies and inexpensive gifts.

Those are my two favorite Mexican ports on the Pacific. I hope to see Ixtapa next winter, which I hear is the most scenic port of all.

I didn't see people snorkeling, but we went during winter when the ocean is not as warm. We had great temps in Mexico (75-85) for February.

The ocean and mountains are gorgeous along the Mexico coast on the Pacific side. The scenery from the ship was breathtaking. The captain actually announced when whales and dolphins were in the area.

Hope you enjoy a fantastic Mexican Riviera cruise.

How are the beaches at Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta ?

Is the water calm like caribbean or rough like Hawaii ?

thank you :)

Good snorkeling at Los Arcos in Puerto Vallarta. Look up (Google) Chico's Dive Shop in PV, we booked them on our own and it was agood monrning trip, nice platform boat, beat the cruise ship crowd. We almost missed it because the ship (Sapphire Princess) did NOT observe local time and was 1 hr behind. PV is on Central time. Cab to/from Chico's was reasonable.

Beach at mazatlan was like the west coast of FL or the beach the along TX. No surf to speak of, sheltered.

There are sheltered no surf locations in Cabo as well, but skip swim for the 12 person Zodiac boat whale watching trip. IMHO not to be missed.

Archived