I asked if Carnival had a cruise longer then 8 days and most people here said

Suburban Drudgery

no which I knew. Now what other cruise line is kid friendly? And I mean really kid friendly like Carnival? I looked up a cruise to Acapulco but dh said it was too early in the year to go (Mar 31 was the last cruise date). We did mexico (pv, mat, cabo) and baja so we wanted to do a new mexican cruise. 8 days out of San Diego sounded great but they need to go up to Alaska for April (Sprit ship) and dh doesn't want to do Alaska. I would do Caribbean or some place around the Caribbean's but I'm so afraid of hurricanes hitting us. KWIM?

Can anyone give me any feedback?

TIA:confused:

And we've cruised RCCL and NCL ... both did exceptional jobs with the kids. How old are yours? When they were little, they preferred NCL. Now they're happy any way we go, but really like RCCL with the rock climbing walls, etc. Not all the ships have slides at the pools, but there's plenty else to do. Haven't done Disney either ... we love the parks, but think the ships seem overpriced and how much "zip-a-dee-do-dah" can a person really handle on one vacation?!?;)

There are no cruises longer than 8 days on Disney cruiseline.

If there is a hurricane, you will not be hit by it, you will be veered around it and to a safe port.

if the Cruiseline even thinks it is unsafe, it will cancel the cruise.

So, you have 2 choices, do the 8 day caribbean cruise that you want during hurricane season or cut is down to a smaller cruise and go at a different time of the year.

RCCL is the only other line that has great activites for kids, i mean most of the lines have kids activites now but not great ones.

I've got a question, are you looking for summer or some other time of year? If you are looking for summer, then you will have the same issue with RCCL that you have with Carnival as their ships that are on longer cruises will be in Europe during that time or north in Alaska, or in the Caribbean (RCCL doesn't have any ships that do Mexico during the summer except for the short 3 and 4 night Baja cruises). If you are looking at early summer (June), you have a better chance of not being affected by hurricanes in the Caribbean than later in the summer. In fact, it seems like the Mexican Riviera cruises on Carnival have been more affected this hurricane season than have the Caribbean cruises on any line.

We have looked into Disney. Too expensive (double the cost of Carnival).

;)

Lol thats why I didnt go with them. I have booked a HAL trip this year for 11 nights for 980 bucks which is like what half of a 7 day with them? lol The carnival trip was given to me as a gift by other people going since their son was going to have to pay for an extra room anyways as he was traveling alone. How could I say no? I figure for a lot of people Disney is above their budget but it was the only solution I knew of. Gl in whatever you do!

no which I knew. Now what other cruise line is kid friendly? And I mean really kid friendly like Carnival? I looked up a cruise to Acapulco but dh said it was too early in the year to go (Mar 31 was the last cruise date). We did mexico (pv, mat, cabo) and baja so we wanted to do a new mexican cruise. 8 days out of San Diego sounded great but they need to go up to Alaska for April (Sprit ship) and dh doesn't want to do Alaska. I would do Caribbean or some place around the Caribbean's but I'm so afraid of hurricanes hitting us. KWIM?

Carnival has a 12 day cruise to Hawaii and I can tell you from experience, it is wonderful! :D We flew to Honolulu then to four of the other islands on the ship. In each port we rented a car and did our own thing. Had a wonderful time. Then sailed five days back to Mainland. I would highly reccomend it. :)

Luv's Crusin'

There are no cruises longer than 8 days on Disney cruiseline.

If there is a hurricane, you will not be hit by it, you will be veered around it and to a safe port.

if the Cruiseline even thinks it is unsafe, it will cancel the cruise.

So, you have 2 choices, do the 8 day caribbean cruise that you want during hurricane season or cut is down to a smaller cruise and go at a different time of the year.

RCCL is the only other line that has great activites for kids, i mean most of the lines have kids activites now but not great ones.

Of course Disney has cruises that are more than 8 days. Why would you post such lies. They have 10 and 11 night Southern Caribbean cruises and 10 day Holiday cruises.

As you must know, Carnival has cruises longer than 8days. Hawaii and Europe as well as repositioning cruises are all longer than 8 days

If you're looking for a cruise longer then 8 days on Carnival, what about doing back to back cruises?

I think we are going to get along quite well on our upcoming Legend cruise as this is exactly what I was about to type :D

To the OP - as a previous poster mentioned Carnival does have longer cruises. I have been looking at the Hawaii cruises for my family as well as some of the repositioning cruises. Personally, I am thinking that Hawaii might be better for my kids. The repos have a lot of sea days which I adore but might draw less families.

My best friend took her family on a Disney repo cruise this past May. Even their repo cruise was very expensive. This was during school so she had to pull her kids out. There were a lot of kids anyway but nothing like the amount that have been on their previous sailings during spring break. I considered Disney for one of their special longer cruises but the price is just to high for me (single mom) and my 4 kids. My friend has observed that these special cruises that they offer are filled very quickly as they tend to really draw the repeat Disney cruiser who get advance notification and booking priviledges.

Of course Disney has cruises that are more than 8 days. Why would you post such lies. They have 10 and 11 night Southern Caribbean cruises and 10 day Holiday cruises.

Please do not be so rude as to call someone a lier without knowing the full story!

If you read her other post she wants to only cruise in the summer and NO, DCL does not have any cruises that are longer that 7 days during that time unless perhaps they decide to do a repostioning.

Yes, they do have a 10 & 11 day in september and a holiday cruise in December. So my answer to her about Disney not having anything over 7 days was correct for the summer season.

She also can't afford Europe and has already done a Mexico.

Please do not be so rude as to call someone a lier without knowing the full story!

If you read her other post she wants to only cruise in the summer and NO, DCL does not have any cruises that are longer that 7 days during that time unless perhaps they decide to do a repostioning. Yes, they do have a 10 & 11 day in september and a holiday cruise in December. So my answer to her about Disney not having anything over 7 days was correct for the summer season. She also can't afford Europe and has already done a Mexico.

Is screaming, "Ohhhh, shut down!!!" appropriate? No. OK, I'll shut up. But I AM smiling at CD :D :D

Archived