Final Payment Tommorrow! Sales needed!!!

shygirl

Booked 3 rooms on the Elation for November 25 with a promo last year. Now our cruise has dropped to exactly what I booked for with discount. Thinking about some sort of upgrade for the same price? I know I just missed a 2 day upgrade promo last week. Do you think they will extend the sale. My original pvp left the company, now I'm dealing with someone new who doesn't seem too interested in helping me except take my final payment.

Any help from Carnival experts would be appreciated!

Booked 3 rooms on the Elation for November 25 with a promo last year. Now our cruise has dropped to exactly what I booked for with discount. Thinking about some sort of upgrade for the same price? I know I just missed a 2 day upgrade promo last week. Do you think they will extend the sale. My original pvp left the company, now I'm dealing with someone new who doesn't seem too interested in helping me except take my final payment.

Any help from Carnival experts would be appreciated!

Okay I'm confused... your cruise price has dropped to what you paid??? If the price of the cabin you were upgraded to has dropped BELOW what you actually paid, you may be entitled to something... can you explain a little better? As for the promo last week, no... that ended, they may have another, but keep in mind, those are generally for NEW bookings... The actual PRICE needs to drop... I wouldn't be too concerned with sales, just look at the everyday price of the cruise.

Just double checked prices again and we are still saving more than today's going price. Just my parent's senior rate matches what we paid. Sorry, just getting nervous about final payment since my new pvp told me their is no discount or obc after final payment.

Just double checked prices again and we are still saving more than today's going price. Just my parent's senior rate matches what we paid. Sorry, just getting nervous about final payment since my new pvp told me their is no discount or obc after final payment.

Question... are you happy with the fare you paid?? If not, then maybe making final pymt isn't a good idea. If you are happy with what you paid, relax... make the final pymt. I never book if I'm not happy with the fare I am paying, that way I don't stress myself out over searching for lower prices...

Before I found out about cruise critic, I would just book my cruise and pay in full and not have a worried bone in my body.(ignorance is bliss) But now like a double edged sword, this site has provided me with a wealth of great information; but has turned me into a worry wart about every aspect of my trips.

Carnival has been discounting their short cruises pretty heavily lately and it has just got me wondering.

As for being happy, YES! This is my parent's first cruise! (and with grandchildren to boot!)

Is this something new Carnival is doing? They used to always at least give you onboard credit or an upgrade AFTER final payment was made?:confused:

Bill

Archived