Celebrity Constellation March 12

cdnliving

Anyone with children travelling this ship/date? I looked on roll call but can't find ANY families. We have two children 12 & 10. I called Celebrity but they said they do not have that information ie. how many children aboard -surprising in today technological world!

cdn, cruise lines don't give out that information for many reasons, one being security and another is they don't want people cancelling their cruise if they find out that there will be 900 kids on board. To be honest, I'm not surprised that you haven't found families on board at that time because it's not really spring break time for most of the country. Almost everyone will be on spring break or "Easter" vacation the week before or the week of Easter, which this year is April 8. I usually cruise in March and rarely have I found kids on board when it's not the true Easter break. I was cruising this past March on Celebrity and found no less than 6 kids total on the ship, and the only school age child was a young boy from Sweden and his family. Unfortunately for your young ones, March 12 isn't going to be a big family time as most families will be waiting for Easter vacation.

Thanks kitty. That's what I was afraid of...... However, I called princess regarding their child numbers for that same time period, and they gave me not only the number of children, but broke it down into each age group for me. I really appreciated that!

Hi Cdn....be aware that the US "Spring Break" doesn't usually coincide with the Ontario "March Break." I have been cruising for the last few years at March Break, and there have always been enough kids on board to satisfy mine (they are currently 13 & 7.)

My suggestion would be to book with one of the more "family oriented" lines like RCI, Carnival, or NCL. You will find more kids, but the downside is that you won't find the more upscale service (this has been our dilemna for the last 3 cruises..we want the higher end food etc., but need the more family-type ship with the good kids clubs & amenities for the kids.)

Good luck!

The week before (US Thanksgiving) thee were 400 kids. The week we went there were only 40. Kids still loved it, but I would have liked to see more kids. Thinking of Dec 17-24 this year and same concern with Celebrity, so I am thinking about Princess...

Point is the # of kids did not take away from the kids fun and I know Celebrity has a great reputation on all other facets.

Thanks Tony......sounds like we have the same concerns......I have no doubt the kids club on the constellation is very good, but good or not, my tweenage daughter would be happier with some kids her age...

Anyone else????

Archived