Champagne Balcony Breakfast

cruisesusie

The UB is $25 per person.

Chris

I apologize if this information is incorrect. DH and I had the "Mayan Breakfast" on the Golden in January, 2003. We honestly thought that it was $25 per person. I wonder if we were charged twice :eek: ?

The portions were definitely more substantial than those picture elsewhere on this thread. I recall that the concept of a "champagne balcony breakfast" was new at the time; perhaps it has changed since then.

Sorry! Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Chris

"Did you have to call Princess? I can not find a way to book this on the cruise personalize"

Just call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) and order a gift for your cabin. The item number is 3009.

Here's the list of items you can preorder. This isn't a complete list. We just ordered a couple 8x10's and that's not on the list this year.

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/index.html

BTW I hate looking at that list. Kinda like walking into the store to buy one thing and leaving with a cart full. I look at the list and think... humm.... maybe a couple bottles of wine would be good and before you know it I'm on the phone ordering wine, pictures, food and what have you! Last year I think I called 3 separate times! :)

One item on there that is very good is the chips and guacamole. Excellent snack for on the balcony during sail away!

Scott

I have ordered this as a surprise for my DH's b'day for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise leaving Oct. 21 on the Island. I just downloaded the forms and printed them, gave them a credit card # and mailed them. Did this for pre-ordering wine, soda and beer also. Just mailed the form in.

Glad to hear that we can change certain items. My DH is not a quiche lover and would like to replace with an omelet plus breakfast meats instead of smoked salmon.

Will this be uncomfortable on a balcony that is totally uncovered???

Sorry the menu ended up being so small but in order to fit the jpeg sizes I had to supershrink it so I'll type the menu:

French Champagne (chilled Half Bottle)

Warm Basket of Mini Homemade Pastries (about a dozen in all...croissants, muffins, danish pastries, buns)

Delicate Smoke Copper River Salmon with Blueberry Cream cheese (served in endive leaf) and toasted bagel (three huge, thick, yummy pieces of smoked salmon)

Medley of Fresh Fruits and Forest Berries with Clover Honey and Chantilly Creme (served in half a cantalopue...one to share but filled with berries..plenty)

Alaskan King Crab Quiche with Tomato and Fontina Cheese Gratin (I posted the picture...yes, a mini-ish quiche but two extra pieces of crab meat plus the stuffed tomato and mini salad)

Plus coffee. We were stuffed at the end. Very nice. Very very nice

We had the "Glacier Bay" Breakfast identical to the above on the Island in late August and IT WAS DIVINE! (I don't usually even eat breakfast). So nice to have it delivered and set up for you. It was too cold to eat on our balcony, so the steward set it up in the cabin. I definitely recommend this to everyone.

Don't worry about details - the Patter will offer this opportunity and you pick a 30 minute interval for it to be served. We tipped $5 and felt this breakfast was worth every penny of the $30.

Archived