Norwegian Wind

GMC

We sailed with a group of 8 on this cruise 4/03 and had a blast. It was not a problem free cruise - we were already down 1 engine and another had problems during our cruise which was compounded by rough seas. Because of this our time on Fanning was cut short and we only had one day on Maui but I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat. The itinerary is outstanding, the crew friendly and fun, and the activities were great. During the sea days Lara had great fitness activities and June (the Hawaiian ambassador) not only taught hula and craft classes (we made 3 different kind of leis) but she gave a lot of cultural info as well. If you like NCL as we do - we love the casual atmosphere and freestyle - you will like this cruise. If you like a more traditional cruise experience and a large, newer ship then this may not be for you. The prices are usually excellent though, and if you are the type to make your own fun then you might actually enjoy it. I will have to say that I'm glad we had a group as my husband and I both agreed that it would not have been nearly as fun without our friends aboard.

I loved our cruise on the Wind. So far, she is by far our favorite ship. Keep in mind that she isn't like the newer flashy ships with the big atriums. However, she has one of the best crews on board and they all treat you like royalty. We plan to sail on her again as soon as possible. I really enjoy the sea days to and from Fanning.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived