Motion sickness and inside cabins

love2travel2006

Hi everyone, I currently have an inside cabin booked on the Miracle for October 22nd and am wondering if there is a greater possibility of motion sickness with an inside vs an outside cabin.

I have cruised once before in a balcony cabin, took Bonine, and was fine but am sailing with my 14-year-old son in October who has never cruised before. He is generally not prone to motion sickness (cars, etc.) but I just want to minimize the chances of him getting motion sickness as much as possible.

So what do you think...am I worrying needlessly or should I pay the extra money and try to upgrade? :confused:

Hi everyone, I currently have an inside cabin booked on the Miracle for October 22nd and am wondering if there is a greater possibility of motion sickness with an inside vs an outside cabin.

I have cruised once before in a balcony cabin, took Bonine, and was fine but am sailing with my 14-year-old son in October who has never cruised before. He is generally not prone to motion sickness (cars, etc.) but I just want to minimize the chances of him getting motion sickness as much as possible.

So what do you think...am I worrying needlessly or should I pay the extra money and try to upgrade? :confused:

For me it really depends more on what level I am at and where I am located in the ship. For instance, the best place I have found for an inside is around 4th floor and somewhere as midship as possible. I always just take dramamine (non drowsy) every morning needed or not. It is just a precaution.

Midship and as low a deck as possible is the safest place to avoid seasickness, but as Cruisebabe suggests, I would bring along the meds to be safe. They can cost an arm and a leg on board and if you hit rough weather, they might run out. They did during our Mexican trip and there were a lot of miserable people on board. I use the OTC Mecclazine - you can find it at your local drug store and it costs next to nothing when compared to the brand names. last time I got a bottle, it was 100 for $9 as opposed to the Bronine and Dramamine which was about $5 for 12. Have the meds and enjoy the cruise.

Charlie

My first cruise was inside and I was really sick the first night but we had extremely rough waters, rest of the cruise was fine.

2nd cruise oceanview, I found it worse cause I could look out and see things moving.

This time I have a balcony, I hope it is OK.

But like others have said, I like low and midship, even if it is just in my head it seems to help.

Kim

I would bring along the meds to be safe. They can cost an arm and a leg on board and if you hit rough weather, they might run out. Charlie

I'm not certani they would run out, although it is possible, but you are off on the price. On Carnival ships Bonine(generic) is FREE at the Pursors deask or even the Cabin Stewards sometimes carry them.

Just ask. They will probably give you one package, so tell them there are 4 of you and you are all sick. It will save you from making repeat trips.

vincenzo:)

Archived